WBNS 10TV in Columbus, Ohio, seeks a dynamic, energetic and ambitious Associate Producer to join our growing team. In this role you will learn to write conversationally for newscasts, produce stories and graphics for newscasts and learn to produce a full show. You will also learn to follow AP style and contribute to 10tv.com and our social platforms. This is an entry-level role that is the gateway to learning to show producer or become a digital content producer.
- Writes content for newscasts as assigned by executive producer and/or producer.
- Assists in creation of graphic elements for stories as assigned.
- Learn to line produce newscasts and fill-in as needed
- May be assigned to produce news series, special reports or special events.
- Writes and updates stories and maintains timely content on station website.
- Facilitate live streaming of breaking news or news events on station website and social platforms.
- Write and update crawl for breaking news, weather and news events.
- Contribute story ideas daily.
- Assists producers and reporters in research for stories.
- Engaged in social listening, utilizes as a tool to gather news and drive viewership.
- Facilitate assignment desk duties including listening to police scanners, making calls on story tips, updating the assignment file, assigning photographers to stories and adding items to the daybook for future coverage.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, photojournalism, editing, and content management systems a plus
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r033v8-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.