Key member of the on-air production team at WNJU with multiple duties.
• Work closely with News and Technical Operations Team to execute the daily vision of our live broadcasts.
• Technical Directing live as well as recorded programs, segments, spots, promos and commercials.
• Ability to build splits, boxes, and multi-layered effects on the switcher level.
• Ability to perform ingest and signal acquisition duties as needed.
• Editing news and or sweeps pieces under tight deadlines.
• Maintain inventory and perform daily housekeeping of all switcher effects and banks.
• Maintain strict station quality standards.
• Willingness to help train colleagues.
• Assist with the writing of SOPs as related to Control Room Production Operations
• Participate in editorial meetings.
• Submit Issue Tracker Discrepancy Report as needed.
• In-depth experience with all aspects of ROSS Overdrive or similar automation system.
• In-depth experience with switchers preferably Ross.
• In-depth experience of Adobe Premiere
• Fully knowledgeable on P2 Workflow.
• Experience editing news packages under tight deadlines.
• Excellent Story Telling Skills with sound news judgment.
• Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of television production.
• Knowledge of graphics devices such as Ross Xpression.
• Knowledge of video servers such as Omneon.
• Ability to Monitor multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment.
• Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines.
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
• Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work on-site in New York Tri-State Area
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Candidate must be willing to join IBEW Union.
• Bachelor's degree in Communication.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Familiarity with ROSS Dashboard.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7k7zk-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.