Sr. Product Designer
New York, NY
The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division includes 42 NBC and Telemundo local television stations and subsidiary digital businesses serving 30 markets, seven regional sports networks, NECN regional news network, multicast networks COZI TV and TeleXitos, and NBCLX, the division's new TV/streaming network that serves adults 18-45. The division also includes out-of-home properties, a production company, an in-house marketing and promotions company.
The Role: We're looking for a Senior Product Designer that will be responsible for owning a portion of the portfolio across all our digital platforms (Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Mobile Apps, OTT and emerging platforms) and find ways to engage, grow and delight our audience.
Your role will require you to collaborate with different areas of the division to improve our existing products and launch new ones.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead design initiatives from initial ideation all the way to production
• Shape the design vision of the product, along with short-term and long-term milestones in order to achieve it
• Create powerful mobile web experiences that utilize responsive layouts, interactivity, and animation to tell compelling stories
• Create and support a design system which includes component/pattern libraries, branding tone & voice style guides and guidance and governance documentation
• Capable of substantiating and defending design rationale through demonstrated knowledge of user-led, data driven design thinking
• Ability to adapt quickly and creatively to any situation
• Conduct extensive secondary and primary research (User, A/B tests, etc.) to validate design decisions and assumptions.
• Other responsibilities assigned to you by your manager
• 7+ years as a Product Designer, preferably with consumer-facing digital products
• Online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions with an emphasis on examples of real shipped products that you had direct contribution with
• Help define design process from conception to development support
• Review, mentor and collaborate with junior team members to ensure consistent quality
• Ability to articulate design requirements to engineering and effectively communicate design decisions to stakeholders
• Innate ability to finesse designs and add a professional feel
• Balance and prioritize project workload and adjust to shifting business needs, work with external vendors when needed.
• Dig deep into usability testing and data analytics to meet product team KPI's.
• Possess will and ability to lead design in an agile and fast paced environment
• The ideal candidate would have designed media products (preferably news or sports)
• Efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Principle and other prototyping software
• Comfortable with inspect element and DOM manipulation
• Shows a desire to contribute to a growing design organization through collaborative discussion, critique, and willingness to take/give feedback
• Must have worked in Scrum/Agile structure and has a proven track record to work with timelines
• Finds a sense of enrichment from creating bleeding edge digital experiences
• Demonstrates an ability to be a big picture thinker, that goes beyond screen design
• Communicates, markets and present design ideas to cross functional teams and senior leadership.
• Bachelor's Degree
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• A passion for news weather and sports!
• Experience with CMS systems and technologies
• Experience in the digital media landscape
• Detail oriented and self-starter personality
• Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
• Proven history of managing multiple product efforts simultaneously
• You have led product initiatives where you have collaborated with different groups in order to achieve the defined goals and a successful product launch.
• Well versed on new technology trends to help lead the team into adopting them for new products.
• Excellent at written & oral communication skills
• Spanish Language fluency (written and spoken) is a plus
About the team:
Our Product and Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our users; meeting them wherever they are regardless of their platform of choice: web, mobile apps, OTT, smart speakers and any other emerging technology we can get our hands on!
We are passionate about design and always curious about new technologies and the possibilities that they unlock for the future of media. We like tinkering and experimenting and we're not afraid to fail as long as we are always learning.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1opk0-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.