Universal City, CA
The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division includes 42 NBC and Telemundo local television stations and subsidiary digital businesses serving 30 markets, seven regional sports networks, NECN regional news network, multicast networks COZI TV and TeleXitos, and NBCLX, the division's new TV/streaming network that serves adults 18-45. The division also includes out-of-home properties, a production company, an in-house marketing and promotions company.
NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Software Engineer for Android who possesses a passion for pushing OTT and mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our news applications. The role is in a fast paced and growing team with the NBC Owned Television Station division which offers a unique opportunity to put your stamp on applications used by millions of our users daily.
• Responsible for the technical development, debugging, and delivery of best-in-class OTT and mobile applications applications
• Collaborate with API engineering teams for the design and development of API web services.
• Lead a multi-platform diverse team of OTT engineers.
• Collaborate closely with UX, Product Managers and API engineers to integrate new products into the platform.
• Ability to work across a wide range of projects and/or product.
• Minimum 3 years of professional software development experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience building applications on the Android platform.
• Experience working with and having deployed a FireTV application.
• Solid background in Kotlin, Android UI, Android SDK, Android design patterns.
• Solid background writing automated unit tests.
• Understanding of multi-threading, application deep linking, services & receivers and data binding.
• Understanding of Java concurrency and memory management.
• Experience interacting with RESTful API and data formats like (JSON, XML...etc).
• Experience working with video-on-demand and/or linear video playback.
• Proficiency in Java. Worked with JDK (Collections, Generics, Networking, Core Java).
Experience using Source Control (Git).
• Passion for all things and all platforms OTT.
• Experience working on-site and off-site teams and management.
• Self-motivated, productive, and works well even with/without formal structure.
Previous experience in the media industry (bonus points).