WMAQ-TV, NBC Chicago, WSNS, Telemundo Chicago and NSCH, NBC Sports Chicago has an opportunity for a Research Analyst to initiate and oversee all research efforts for the stations.
• Monitor the status of current programs, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize results into actionable reports, and communicate findings.
• Track the performance of programming, analyze the composition of the audience, use and understand media terminology and statistics for both general reports and sales materials.
• Produce program track and trend reports for sales department and general management.
• Develop sensible strategies to estimate the performance of new programming, sports, and specials.
• Assist in the production of sales presentations to put forward our position in the marketplace using reliable and qualitative data.
• Initiate the development and testing of new methodologies and data analyses, including viewer panels.
• Assist in special events, tracking tickets and other sales support initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Communications, Sociology or related field
• Minimum 1 year of media research experience
• Proficiency in basic computer applications: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as ratings and sales systems like Nielsen and WideOrbit
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age
• Interested candidates must submit resume/CV online at www.nbcunicareers.com
• Strong writing and presentation skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to present detailed research information in a clear and concise manner
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and execute on multiple projects
• Strong organizational/time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects and work under pressure to fulfill requests within a short timeframe
• Ability to work well with a team, be a self-starter, and cooperate easily with management and sales staff
• Strong detail orientation
• Comfortable and confident when interacting with upper level management, as well as outside agency representatives
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjn5o-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.