The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division includes 42 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network (NECN) and their associated websites and digital platforms, national multicast networks COZI TV and TeleXitos, as well as LX, a new TV and streaming network designed for Gen Z and millennial audiences, a group of out-of-home properties, and an in-house marketing and promotions companies.
The Role: We're looking for a Product Designer that will be responsible for owning a portion of the portfolio across all our digital platforms (Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Mobile Apps, OTT and emerging platforms) and find ways to engage, grow and delight our audience.
Your role will require you to collaborate with different areas of the division to improve our existing products and launch new ones.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design initiatives from initial ideation all the way to production
• Shape the design vision of the product, along with short-term and long-term milestones in order to achieve it
• Create powerful mobile web experiences that utilize responsive layouts, interactivity, and animation to tell compelling stories
• Create and support a design system which includes component/pattern libraries, branding tone & voice style guides and guidance and governance documentation
• Capable of substantiating and defending design rationale through demonstrated knowledge of user led, data driven design thinking
• Ability to adapt quickly and creatively to any situation
• Conduct extensive secondary and primary research (User, A/B tests, etc.) to validate design decisions and assumptions.
• 3+ years as a Product Designer, preferably with consumer-facing digital products
• Online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions with an emphasis on examples of real shipped products that you had direct contribution with
• The ideal candidate would have designed media products
• Efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Principle and other prototyping software
• Maintain and evolve our internal design system and component library
• Shows a desire to contribute to a growing design organization through collaborative discussion, critique, and willingness to take/give feedback
• Proven record of working under moderate supervision
• Understands that trying and learning new things is at the heart of what they do as designers
• Finds a sense of enrichment from creating bleeding edge digital experiences
• Possesses a deep and natural understanding of the media/entertainment consumption trends and preferences younger adults and teens
• Communicates, markets and present design ideas to cross functional teams and senior leadership.
• Experience with CMS systems and technologies
• Experience in the digital media landscape
• Detail oriented and self-starter personality
• Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
• Proven history of managing multiple product efforts simultaneously
• You have led product initiatives where you have collaborated with different groups in order to achieve the defined goals and a successful product launch.
• Well versed on new technology trends to help lead the team into adopting them for new products.
• Collaborative, solutions oriented & a strong presenter
• Spanish Language fluency (written and spoken) is a plus
About the team:
Our Product and Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our users; meeting them wherever they are regardless of their platform of choice: web, mobile apps, OTT, smart speakers and any other emerging technology we can get our hands on!
We are passionate about design and always curious about new technologies and the possibilities that they unlock for the future of media. We like tinkering and experimenting and we're not afraid to fail as long as we are always learning.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kp63-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.