Full Time Job
Manager, Programming Operation
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
The Manager, Programming Operations plays a crucial role in the execution of Telemundo and Universo's linear programming strategy. The manager, reporting into the Sr. Director, Programming Operations, serves as the main point of contact for various key internal and external partners.
• Serves as main point of contact for GMO (Global Media Operations), Addressing any editing questions/concerns
• Serves as main point of contact for NOC (Network Operations Center)
• Manages relationships with Telemundo Dubbing Vendors, and ensures a timely delivery of dubbed material
• Provides Alternate programming to Traffic and JIP conditions to NOC for all LIVE programming
• Creates BCP grids (Business Continuity Plan) in case of a natural disaster
• Requests special cut-down episodes from GMO to accommodate for off-clock formats due to Sports
• Requests English episodic descriptions from distributors and provides to Title Governance team for Spanish translations
• Attends biweekly call to review upcoming live events
• Attends weekly Business Affairs meeting to coordinate upcoming specials and shows
• Participates in weekly Media Operations call to discuss delivery status material and acquisitions to ensure all material is received from distributors and passes QC
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• 5+ years of media distribution or television operations experience
• Bachelor's degree in Film/TV production, Operations, Engineering, or related field
• At least 3 years of experience in large scale media environment (Broadcast, TV, News and information, Live Entertainment); or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• Proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams to manage complex projects
• Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
• Deep Knowledge of media processing tools
• Willingness to work flexible hours including early mornings, late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and other related tools
• A self-starter, able to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Deep knowledge and passion for US Hispanic content
• Strong understanding of television programming & production
• Able to react to constant changes in priorities by reorganizing work to meet shifting deadlines and targets
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz6mn-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.