The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division includes 42 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network (NECN) and their associated websites and digital platforms, national multicast networks COZI TV and TeleXitos, as well as LX, a new TV and streaming network designed for Gen Z and millennial audiences, a group of out-of-home properties, and an in-house marketing and promotions companies.
NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations is looking for an exceptional product and design thinker to become our Director of Product & Management, reporting to the VP. This is an important, hands-on leadership role for someone looking to create innovative digital products in a successful and growing organization.
In this role, you will work with leaders in editorial, marketing, engineering, sales and business development to help define the future vision of our products and implement a roadmap that brings that vision to reality. You will manage a team of highly skilled product managers who are focused on creating best-in-class products for our English and Spanish speaking audiences across various platforms. The ideal candidate will have a passion for consumer-led design, technology and news (ideally local) and is a collaborative, problem-solving leader with a knack for nurturing talented individuals and creating fun and challenging work environments.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to lead and define products across various platforms, evaluate vendors, build vs buy analysis, make recommendations and prioritize work to meet business objectives.
• Work with internal teams to ascertain right tools and features are in place to optimize publishing process and experience.
• Evangelize the product vision with ideas and features
• Lead the next generation of product features for web, mobile, OTT and emerging platforms, focusing on delivering the best and most relevant information for our audience.
• Lead product team to define, organize and prioritize work across all the brands.
• Define, collaborate and communicate the product strategy & roadmap across various teams.
• Foster strong relationships with internal teams as well as stakeholders, and effectively advocate for design strategy to achieve product goals
• Do competitive research, market analysis and suggest the best solution to drive engagement.
• Encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and different working styles.
• Recruit, mentor, and develop a strong product team.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with design teams on products with complex user interfaces
- Well versed with Agile and Scrum methodologies with an in-depth understanding of writing user stories
- Experience with Product releases involving various systems and working closely with the release manager to roll the product out in a measured way.
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing small to mid-sized teams
- Proven track record of managing different products and platforms
- Experience with multi-platform projects, media delivery applications for large audiences
• Demonstrates excellence in execution; aligns key stakeholders to decisions; highly collaborative with cross-functional partners and customers; insights-driven
• Ability to see the big picture and a strategic thinker.
• Focus on data as a key element to the understanding of experience success
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Works seamlessly with highly technical engineers and effectively communicate with stakeholders
• Demonstrate sound business judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make practical recommendations and take ownership of their delivery
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5wmv-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.