General Responsibilities in APC Operator Role:
Responsible for preparing and executing the operation of the automated production control system (APC) for live and taped television broadcasts.
• Build rundowns (automated or non-automated) for all broadcasts, PSA's, commercials, etc.
• Operates control room computer and automation, which includes the creation and utilization of templates to automate production functions including: technical directing, audio mixing, robotics operations, commercial integration, live/remote segment cut-ins, video file playback, graphics insertion and switching.
• Gives direction to talent and other technicians on broadcasts.
• Performs other control room and studio related duties as assigned.
General Responsibilities in Assist Role:
• Responsible for assisting in the operation of the automated equipment used in the production of a television broadcast. Will assume the responsibilities of the APC (Automated Production Control) Operator or Production Associate when assigned.
• Assists the APC operator with the preparation of all broadcasts, PSA's, commercials, client shoots, etc.
• Monitors and will be actively involved with quality assurance, automation system interfaces/inputs, and other equipment used for television production and on air station operations. This includes, but is not limited to: electronic graphics, audio, server operation, video playback, live-shot/field communications, commercial monitoring/integration and robotics.
• Responsible for Robotic camera operations/camera setup/shading/facilities readiness and pre-show equipment checks.
• Performs various station and/or remote operator duties for production of live and taped programming, news, station promotion, community service projects, commercials, and other productions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned as outlined in the operating procedures.
• Minimum of 3 years experience using iNews, Dalet or equivalent newsroom computer systems.
• Minimum of 3 years previous related production work experience in one or more of the following areas: Director, Assistant Director, Electronic Graphics, audio, camera operations and/or camera robotics.
• Strong Computer Skills: Minimum 3 years of experience with computer applications working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment.
• Must be willing to work at the Tampa location.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have ability to work any schedule within a 24x7 shift.
• Work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• 3+ years experience directing and/or technical directing
• 3+ years experience with Automated Production Control systems (Ross Overdrive & Xpression systems preferred)
or BA degree in Telecommunications
or related field
or currently enrolled in a college working toward a degree preferred
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree
of integrity and professionalism
organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work well and communicate with
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions
• Ability to lead and direct