Sr. Web Developer
New York, NY
The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division includes 42 NBC and Telemundo local television stations and subsidiary digital businesses serving 30 markets, seven regional sports networks, NECN regional news network, multicast networks COZI TV and TeleXitos, and NBCLX, the division's new TV/streaming network that serves adults 18-45. The division also includes out-of-home properties, a production company, an in-house marketing and promotions company.
The Role: we're looking for an Associate Product Manager that will be responsible for owning a portion of the portfolio for our Web Products, including new and exciting initiative LX.com and find ways to engage, grow and delight our audience.
You will learn what it takes to be a great Product Manager with the assistance of other PMs in the team, developing your skillset and expanding your ownership from bugs and small features into complete products.
We are assembling a team of innovators, ready to question every step of the traditional process and willing to experiment. We want someone who is ready to reinvent news and you will be a key member at the forefront of a top priority for our business.
You will report to the VP of Product & Design and your role will require you to collaborate with different areas of the division to improve our existing products and launch new ones.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Assist the Product Managers in the team to build the next generation of product features for mobile web, desktop and other platforms as needed, focusing on delivering the best and most relevant information for our audience.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions to identify user needs in the media space and ideate on potential solutions.
• Manage the customer feedback lifecycle. This includes issues and requests raised by our end-users as well as our internal customers.
• Work closely with our support and development teams to address emerging production issues, to ensure the most impactful and high priority ones get scheduled for immediate attention.
• Work closely with our research team to make the right data easily available to guarantee the Product team has the information they need to discover new product opportunities as well as future iterations based on performance of product launches
• Work with your PM peers alongside with Engineering, UX, QA, Advertising Operations and Research to ensure product concepts meet all needs, present to the wider Product team and participate in stakeholder meetings as needed.
• Experience of at least 1 year as a Product Manager, preferably with consumer-facing digital products.
• Experience in Project Management, UX Design is also applicable, willing to make the switch to Product Management.
• Comfortable with defining and running experiments
• Experience with products involving advertising system integrations in addition to editorial content management, online video technologies and social media platforms.
• Well versed on new technology trends to help lead the team into adopting them for new products.
• Able to read and synthesize product metrics
• Experience collaborating with different groups in order to achieve the defined goals
• Effective written and oral communication skills that allow you to have everyone always on the same page about where your product stands.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience in publishing and digital media is a plus
• Detail oriented and self-starter personality
• Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
• Spanish Language fluency (written and spoken) is a plus
About the team:
Our Product and Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our users; meeting them wherever they are regardless of their platform of choice: web, mobile apps, OTT, smart speakers and any other emerging technology we can get our hands on!
We are passionate about design and always curious about new technologies and the possibilities that they unlock for the future of media. We like tinkering and experimenting and we're not afraid to fail as long as we are always learning.