Temporary Topical Producer
This temporary position will assist the Marketing department from September to November of 2023. The applicant should have writing and editing experience, preferably working with a news organization.
• The temporary producer will gather information from news to create topical promotion for the station's 5, 6 and 10pm newscasts.
• Working Monday - Friday from Noon - 9pm, this producer will write in-show topical messages for the 5 and 6pm newscasts.
• They will write and edit topical promos for the 10pm newscast, deliver spots to master control without issue and assist the marketing department with other marketing needs, as assigned.
• Adobe Premiere editing experience is a must.
• Ability to distill news stories into compelling marketing messages.
• Ability to learn quickly and work with limited supervision when necessary. Tight deadlines are part of the daily routine - and this person should work well under pressure.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5nk2z-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.