WTIC/WCCT, the TEGNA-owned FOX/CW affiliates in Hartford, CT, has an opening for a Supervisor of Technology & Operations. This position reports to the Head of Technology & Operations and will direct and oversee portions of the day-to-day operation of the Technology Department.
• The Supervisor of Technology & Operations is responsible for the management of team members, hands-on maintenance of infrastructures such as broadcast equipment, IT network, transmitter and building facilities. This position is responsible for (including but not limited to):
• Assist in planning and managing local, capital, and corporate projects.
• Maintain, upgrade, and support Broadcast, Information Technology and Building Facilities throughout the station, including the studio and transmitter facilities.
• Manage the troubleshooting and repair of computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security, and virus protection.
• Manage and approve all documentation, including system configuration and wiring infrastructure to facility standards.
• Maintain and design broadcast systems (ie: routers, control room systems, studios, weather systems, digital asset management, and newsroom systems).
• Schedule staff to cover shifts.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all other departments.
• Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances, including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
• Train on IT and broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment and digital platforms.
• Available to work various hours and days, including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
• Coordinate training for staff members.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and non-technical end users.
• Demonstrated leadership, team management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be a self-starter and team player.
• Be able to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines focused on customer service and satisfied stakeholders.
• Excel as a ''hands-on'' engineer capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in field operations including satellite, microwave, and IP newsgathering technologies.
• Reading and creating detailed engineering documentation.
• Extensive experience in broadcast systems, networking, servers, desktop, monitoring, end user support.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years' experience in a broadcast operations and technology role.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw5k6p-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.