FOX54 (WZDX-TV) has an immediate opening for a full-time Commercial Producer. This role includes writing, shooting, editing, and producing motion graphics for multi-platform advertising.
From idea to execution, the Commercial Producer role is a hands-on position that requires technical production skill, creativity, and ingenuity. Candidates must demonstrate past work through a demo reel or website with examples of their work (shooting, editing, and graphic treatments).
The Commercial Producer is expected to work closely and collaborate with our clients, the Account Executives, and the rest of the FOX54 team in a professional manner. Must meet tight deadlines while keeping a positive, enthusiastic attitude. This is a full-time position with a Monday-Friday 8:30 AM- 5:30 PM shift. It also requires flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Collaborate with sales account executives, managers, and clients to create the most effective advertising and marketing messages for businesses working with FOX54.
• Create multi-platform marketing messages using consumer research, applying sound advertising principles and business strategy.
• Provide clear messaging to consumers through compelling visuals and copywriting designed to motivate them to act, visit a website, attend an event, or shop in a local business.
• Represent the station externally by interacting with clients in person and through all forms of communication and internally by interacting with stakeholders across multiple departments.
• Shoot highly stylized videos for campaigns using professional cameras and production equipment.
• Participate in client pitch meetings when needed to help explain creative vision and capabilities.
• Regularly produce FOX54 promotional campaigns as assigned.
• Assist with downloading and preparing commercials and programs as needed.
• Digital Cine Cameras such as the Cannon C100 and Sony A7.
• Professional lighting techniques.
• Professional audio recording techniques.
• The Adobe CC Suite. Highly skilled in Premiere Pro & After Effects.
• Scripting/copywriting, creative concepts, timing, etc.
• Professional production equipment such as gimbals and sliders.
• Bachelor's degree in media production, communications, journalism, design, or film preferred.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others.
• Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record.
• Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be deadline-oriented, maintaining quality while staying on tight schedules.
• Self-starter that is highly motivated to produce creative and effective video content.
• The ability to take direction as well as offer his/her own creative thoughts, ideas, and suggestions in brainstorms and pitches.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r141ky-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.