- Full Time
Job DescriptionWNEP, The ABC affiliate in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Pa. has an immediate opening for a Broadcast Director. This position is an exciting opportunity for a computer savvy, production control room team based professional. The primary responsibility for this position is directing station newscasts, local programs and remotes.
• Works with the news, engineering and production departments as well as news producer in the preparation of a WNEP newscast.
• Assigns responsibilities during production sessions and live shows.
• Directs local newscast as assigned.
• Meets with members of the News Department following telecast to discuss the show quality.
• Be proficient in the operation of overdrive automation, camera robotics, studio set up, teleprompter, lighting and audio operations.
• Must be able to identify and execute high quality television production.
• Maintain professionalism while upholding the high standards of WNEP.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Qualified applicants must be flexible with scheduling for this position.
• Applicants must be able to meet deadlines while working in a high pressure atmosphere.
• Applicants must have good communication skills and be very understanding of computers.
• Applicants must showcase being a team player who demonstrates a positive and professional demeanor.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn06y5-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.