10 Tampa Bay is looking for a Producer to join our team. The producer must be curious, creative, and collaborate in a newsroom with a strong editorial voice.
Our show producers create interesting, energetic, and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing, and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection.
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational, and authentic manner
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion
Edit video to create compelling visuals and graphics.
• Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources
• Research for facts and credibility
• Use consumer analytics in determining content
• Use creative production techniques and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Perform other tasks as needed
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• Minimum of 2 years experience producing/line producing for newscasts
• Understanding of the tenets of journalism
• Perform other tasks as required by Executive Producer
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0onq8-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.