Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
MPC Film is one of the world's leading visual effects and film production companies. With technology at its core, MPC Film is the market leader and trend setter in a highly competitive market. We are looking for candidates who believe in the magic of film and are as excited as we are to work in a fast paced and ever-changing industry.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
Our status as a world-class visual effects facility has been achieved through the development of industry-leading software, which empowers our artists to create stunning visual effects. MPC has a rich history of technical innovation. We recognise that it's the partnership of leading creativity and technology that delivers spectacular results. We are committed to technology in service of creativity and are constantly exploring new approaches to deliver higher quality. We have a talented team and many of the leading technologists in the industry started their careers at MPC.
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D, 3D VFX Artists and TDs work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
We are hiring a Show Development Coordinator to join our TD team. You'll be able to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
The role will work hand-in-hand with our TDs as well as VFX artists and supervisors, providing operational and administrative support for those that are maintaining and developing the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative and our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for R&D, VFX processes and pipeline.
• Facilitate the agile software development process
• Calendar management and meeting facilitation for the TD team
• Ensure incoming requests from production are triaged accurately and expediently to the right developers
• Communication of on-going support and engineering efforts between production and software developers
• Helping planning and engage with stakeholders of development initiatives including prioritization and value
• Communication of issues and problems appropriately to the Software Management team
• Organization of department team building events and initiatives
• Assisting the Head of CG with day-to-day operations and team administration
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable communication and organizational skills
• Basic understanding of VFX, computer graphics, or agile software development.
• Experience working as a member of a team
• Experience in a deadline driven, high pressure environment
• Customer support or technical support experience is an asset
• Education in VFX, Computer Science or Technical Animation an asset
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
• Positive, upbeat and professional attitude with a customer-focused approach to completing tasks