Technicolor Creative Studios is powered by world-leading visual effects, advertising, animation and games brands around the world; from MPC, The Mill and Mikros to the recently launched Technicolor Games.
Technicolor Creative Studios brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns, animation and games truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind creative delivery in countless blockbuster films like 1917, The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run, game animations for titles including Call of Duty, Resident Evil and Need for Speed and advertising and advertising campaigns for clients including Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the best work in the business. The Technicolor Creative Studios team is wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities we open up in our industry.
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our clients. The Software TD plays a key role in establishing and facilitating the technical roadmap of MPC tools, understanding and feeding into the improvement of the pipeline and workflows as defined by the Head of 3D
• Maintain a good relationship with the Creatives cross-discipline to build awareness of needs, knowledge of user workflows and to guide design and development of software-department projects
• First-line support for all Artists in the discipline/s you are responsible for
• Triage support issues and drive resolutions where possible or forward them onto the appropriate support queue
• Maintain Episodic-specific software projects and tools
• Create quick scripts, macros, and tools for bespoke and/or repetitive tasks
• For larger projects, writing unit tests that run various production scenarios through the code so that bugs can be identified and resolved before deployment into production
• Writing descriptive ''doc-strings'' with all written classes and functions for automated code reference documentation The Software TD collaborates with Software Teams to identify broader issues that could benefit the overall Film & Episodic VFX (FEV) division, boosting efficiencies cross-brand and in alignment with FEV Software standards and practices.
• Passion for moving technology forward to empower artist creativity through alleviation of multi-stepped technical processes
• Constantly reduce personal technical debt
• Follow strict MPC code style standards What You'll Need Software TD essentials:
Follow strict MPC code style standards What You'll Need Software TD essentials:
• Good understanding of Artist workflows and how the tools they use work
• Strong experience using one or more of the following applications as a Technical Artist – Houdini, Nuke, Maya, Katana
• Expert in Python
• Experience using the Python API of a digital content creator application
• Experience with the concepts of registering files on a database to facilitate a large team of Artists, working across multiple sites
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment
• Problem solver
• Strong attention to detail
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Knowledge of RenderMan
• Experience with C/C++, Lua, and/or other scripting languages
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience developing technology for a large team of artists, working across multiple sites
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3z1o-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.