Software Developer (Mid) - VFX Platform
Technicolor Creative Studios is a technology company working with creative companies across the world to help them produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists' partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences around the world. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising, and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, Nope and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
We have an opening for a Software Developer to contribute to engineering a Business Agnostic DCC. We are looking for an experienced engineer that is keen to work in a team that is high profile on all fronts; your peers, the reach and impact of the work, and the importance of the outcome to internal and external clients.
It's important to have, or be willing to develop, a delivery-driven mind set coupled with the ability to move with agility between streams in stages ranging from prototype to maintenance.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, established mid-level developer wishing to work at the largest scale, to join an incredible team.
If you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members to implement user facing tools and process in support of a variety of applications.
• Share knowledge freely with other team members, and grow with your peers
• Work with Senior and Lead Developers to conform and improve code and tools
• Contribute practical implementation bound to a schedule and roadmap
• Contribute to developer facing or user facing documentation as applicable.
• Proven experience of Computer Graphics in a VFX or AAA Game setting
• STEM Degree or demonstrable equivalent knowledge; as related to problem solving, analysis, and system design
• Intermediate knowledge of language and environment in C++ and Python
• Demonstrable knowledge operating and implementation for a VFX Centric DCC (Maya, Houdini)
• Experience with structured development operations (ticketing, reportage, version control etc.)
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Optional Skills and Experience
The following qualities will be highly regarded but are not required. Some of the below might become necessary learning experiences on the job dependent on time and resources, team and circumstances.
• Experience in any creative department or a strong understanding and ability to relate to the needs and operations of TDs and/or artists
• GUI/UX development and a related framework
• DevOps related experience
• Knowledge of a game engine, operation and/or development (Unreal preferred)
• Highly committed and able to transition between independent work and team participation.
• Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
• Organized and methodical with an ability to communicate efficiently within a technical team.
• Experience and vision around the structuring and implementation of Asset Management and Pipeline-centric projects
• Understanding and some experience working with USD directly
• Understanding of and the ability to operate in a structured DevOps context
• Basic skills in GUI/UX development, and willingness to occasionally develop PoC level frames to demonstrate or propose concepts and ideas
• Familiarity with modern structured development practices, documentation needs, and the tools that support them is very important.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wwpy-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.