Technicolor Creative Studios are the leading providers of VFX and animation for feature film, episodic and advertising, at the forefront of creative services and technologies to unleash extraordinary experiences for audiences everywhere.
Our status as a world-class visual effects and animation facility has been achieved through the development of industry-leading software, which empowers our artists to create stunning creative content. Technicolor has a rich history of technical innovation. We recognize that it's the partnership of leading creativity and technology that delivers spectacular results. We are committed to technology in service of creativity and are constantly exploring new approaches to deliver higher quality. We have a talented team and many of the leading technologists in the industry started their careers at Technicolor.
As part of our Software Development Team at Technicolor Creative Studios, Research Team is working on a range of projects centered around automatic processing of live action shots for VFX and Animation. This includes color processing of capture devices, reconstruction of geometry and lighting of the shooting set, camera tracking and 3D roto-animation.
We are looking for engineers with Computer Vision and Machine Learning skills, eager to work on production tools, interact closely with creative teams and collaborate with other Technicolor Creative Studios software development teams.
• Collaborate with cross-site teams to develop production tools for Technicolor Creative Studios.
• Work with, and inform, leadership to shape the development of highly innovative production software applications.
• Assist leadership in tracking progress and outcomes, as well as providing key insight when a change of course is required.
• Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of data-driven algorithms to help artists with efficient tools for VFX & Animation.
• Design and/or contribute to tools that automate the process of live action shots for VFX and Animation.
• Contribute to establish effective technology watch to determine key innovation choices for improving or developing creative production tools and processes.
• Train, support and enable production artists to help resolve issues and solve problems for the tools developed by the Research Team.
• Contribute to developer facing or user facing documentation as applicable.
• Act as a Computer Vision and Machine Learning specialist and point of contact for numerous teams or projects.
• Proven experience in a software and/or research team.
• Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Degree or demonstrable equivalent knowledge, as related to computer science and software engineering.
• Strong understanding of computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning and mathematics.
• Strong knowledge of C++ and Python is required.
• Extensive knowledge of Pytorch, Tensorflow, Qt and Cuda is preferred.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Experience with the principal Digital Content Creation tools in the VFX industry such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Unity, Unreal is a plus.
• Experience using development best practices.
• Experience with software lifecycle management and packages dependency handling.
• Highly committed and able to work as a team.
• Being innovative and producing fresh ideas to create the best tools for production.
• Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Capability to commit to production goals and fulfill software development schedules.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects and animation. If you are a passionate software developer looking for an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies, then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbey4y-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.