Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
This is a senior software role that contributes across the Technicolor portfolio by architecting and implementing technology that pushes the boundaries for creature and real-time technology.
As a senior engineer, you will be expected to have and granted to exercise a high degree of autonomy and to make significant contributions to the design of components and affect the global roadmap.
Mentoring more junior team members and participating in cross-functional teams and efforts, and being considerate and assertive, are very important qualities at this level of operations.
• Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
• Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
• Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
• Contribute technical and user-facing documentation.
• Work with teams cross-site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio
• Proven experience in a creative industry in a technical role(Film, Commercials, AA or AAA).
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or demonstrable equivalent knowledge of fundamentals in programming and mathematics.
• Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
• Late intermediate to advanced knowledge of C++, Python and either OpenCL or Cuda.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Intermediate knowledge of modern shading languages, including hardware shading and OSL.
• Intermediate knowledge of at least one VFX application APIs and willing to learn others: Maya, Unreal, etc.
• Knowledge of a game engine is considered a plus.
• Experience using development best practices.
• Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
• Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x17v-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.