Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
This is a Senior Pipeline Developer role that contributes across the Advertising portfolio by assisting with implementing state of the art for bringing
efficiency to artist and production workflows for jobs running concurrently across our global studios.
• Help bring efficiencies to the workflows of Artists across multiple jobs, departments and offices
• Work with a mix of local and remote team members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries of the results to internal clients
• Work with developers and vfx staff to improve and conform tools and workflows to a global roadmap and to emergent show necessities
• Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstrations during exploratory phases
• Contribute to the development of new methods and tools aimed at optimizing the quality and speed across areas of expertise within VFX pipeline
• Improve and maintain existing tools to improve quality and reliability
• Proven experience in a VFX facility (artist-floor experience a bonus)
• A proven track record of working across multiple disciplines in a high-end VFX pipeline
• A problem solver at heart with the ability to quickly learn and use various APIs
• Excellent communication skills with Production as well as Technical staff
• Understanding of how data flows between departments of a VFXstudio
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree
• Strong knowledge of Python, Pyside/PyQt, C++
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform. Bonus: Windows developement skills
• Knowledge of key VFX application APIs: Maya, Houdini, Nuke (Flame and Unreal is a bonus)
• Knowledge of key VFX technologies like USD, OTIO, OCIO etc.
• Experience with integrating asset managemen systems with production tracking systems like Shotgun or fTrack
• Experience with Git (bonus if experienced with GitLab) and Databases (MySQL,SQLite), Confluence and JIRA
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team
• Positive attitude towards learning
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work
with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n1jy-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.