Mill Experience is a global experience design and interactive production group. We create next generation spatial and digital solutions for complex marketing and industry challenges for the world's visionary brands, agencies and industries. We operate as part of production company and VFX powerhouse The Mill.
Twenty plus years of innovation has established The Mill as a recognized global brand and our reputation is built on our people. We find, train and nurture the most talented creative, technical and production teams in the industry and our scale enables us to work individually, in teams or as an international network via our bases in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore.
Mill Experience is a strategic studio within The Mill creating mixed reality, virtual events, experiential activations and interactive products for brands and agencies.
The globe-spanning team of forward-thinking technologists and creatives works on innovation consultancy, project management, design, and execution to dream and build concepts beamed from the future.
From augmented reality to artificial intelligence, we use our unrivaled expertise to craft memorable visual experiences to engage and captivate audiences.
The Mill is looking for a Creative Technologist with a specialization in Front-End Web Development. The ideal candidate will come with experience building front-end web solutions as well as experience as a generalist who has worked on various projects utilizing new emerging technologies. They will primarily work within our team to support development utilizing web technologies to build interactive experiences for brands, games, entertainment and media partners. The ideal candidate has shipped experiences for WebXR and WebGL.
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
• Work with Creatives & Developers to realize the vision of our Experiential and Web Based projects
• Breakdown the technical needs and scope out projects with producers and the technical team
• Be responsible for the front-end development of projects, from prototyping to ship
• Develop WebXR and WebGL based content and experiences
• Help mentor other members on the team and work with leadership to help grow the team's knowledge of web technologies and platforms
• Recommend new innovative solutions on the market in regards to Web and WebXR Technologies. Pushing for innovation with new emerging platforms and technologies
• Proven experience as a professional software engineering for interactive experiences required;
• Experience with front-end frameworks (i.e. React, AngularJS, or Vue.js)
• Experience with Web XR Technologies (8th Wall, ZappAR, etc)
• Expertise of WebGL and/or related libraries (three.js, BabylonJS, A-Frame)
• Experience with version control (i.e. Git)
• Ability to quickly develop prototypes in addition to production ready projects
N I C E T O H A V E
• Experience in Unity and/or Unreal
• Experience in Python, Ruby, or Node back-ends
• Experience with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro controllers, LED, robotics, motors, batteries and off the shelf hardware.
• Experience with UI design for web-driven or other applications
• Experience with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
• Experience with working within the AWS ecosystem
• Experience with writing shaders (GLSL)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nkq9-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.