Lead Software Developer - Core Infrastructure
London, United Kingdom
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team are expanding its service portfolio and Power BI adoption across Brands within Technicolor. There are several opportunities available at different seniority levels. This opportunity is a senior position within the branch of Reporting & Analytics.
This is a high visibility and influential role. You will work iteratively with Senior Stakeholders and C-Suite Executives across the organisation to understand their data needs and ensure they are getting the most value and insights from their data.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical, interpersonal and data visualisation skills together with a robust understanding of Statistics and Finance. Expertise in designing and developing business performance dashboards in Power BI is essential. You will also have expertise in SQL.
The Senior Analyst will report to the BI Manager, Department Director and work closely with our BI Data developers, Project Managers and Product teams. You will help define, develop and lead the analysis of improvements in business processes and performance across Technicolor Brands & Services.
• Working with stakeholders to scope, document and present solutions to business problems.
• Define & run requirements gathering exercises, including workshops and interviews.
• Translate analytics needs into specifications for the BI Development team for data availability.
Analysis: Data Development, Testing, Visualisation
• Providing delivery estimates to Project Managers and the BI Manager.
• Leverage BI tools to query databases, cleanse, test and align data from disparate sources.
• Conduct statistical analysis, trend analysis and forecasting to identify opportunities, risks and recommended corrective actions.
• Monitor existing and develop new KPIs and metrics to identify correlations and root causes.
• Design, develop and automate dashboards that feature advanced, effective visualisations.
• Prospect to lead a small team of Analysts based in London and internationally.
Adoption and Maintenance
• Ensure access permissions to the reporting portfolio are recorded and maintained.
• Coordinate consistent data integrity and documentation across the team's reporting portfolio.
• To be a subject matter expert in Microsoft Power BI, delivering training (where necessary).
• Extensive experience working within a similar Business Intelligence function.
• Producing high-quality BA documentation to ensure business processes are fully understood.
• Manipulating and testing large data sets held in relational databases and external sources.
• Proficiency in one or more: data analysis, visualization, financial modelling, statistical modelling.
• Analyzing complex issues, packaging insights and recommendations in a clear simple format.
• Develop reports and dashboards promote data-driven decision making and actionable insights
• Excellent communication, relationship-building and stakeholder management skills
• Proven ability to coordinate multiple assignments of competing priorities simultaneously.
• Team management experience, a proven track record of training and developing others.
• Expertise in the Microsoft BI Stack, in particular Power BI, Flow, Excel, Power Suite, VBA, DAX.
• Proficient in query and program languages MS SQL Server, desirable R, Python.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
• Experience in AGILE tooling (JIRA /Confluence) and AGILE processes.
• Knowledge of LEAN methodologies desirable.
• Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management or a related field.
• Certification in Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
• A genuine interest in exploring data, identifying new ways to improve business performance.
• Exceptional attention to detail, commitment to data integrity and service quality.
• Self-starter learns and adapts quickly with minimal supervision.
• Communication style and responsiveness which fosters effective working relationships.
• Positive 'can-do' attitude delivers well under pressure amid tight deadlines.
• Works well in a team environment, willing to share expertise and learn from others.
• Culturally sensitive.