Junior Developer - Core-Infustructure
London, United Kingdom
MPC Film has been one of the global leaders in VFX for over 25 years and counting, with industry-leading studios in London, Los Angeles, Bengaluru and Montréal.
We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster movies like The Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Pirates of the Caribbean, Godzilla and Wonder Woman. We work on the tiny details and spectacular scenes that make movies truly mind-blowing. Animating everything from lifelike fur to dynamic crowd scenes to larger than life destruction sequences. We're scene builders, partners in the filmmaking process with a direct line to the director's creative vision.
MPC has been at the forefront of Realtime and Virtual Production for years, with those efforts participating in Oscar nominations and wins, and we're renewing our efforts to remain at the bleeding edge of those offerings for our clients as we face a full slate of high profile awards for 2021 and 2022.
Does this look like you? Inventive, passionate about Realtime, with a sense for practical problem solving, and and an understanding of Frame Budget constraints. If it does, we want to hear from you!
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members to implement user facing tools and process in support of a variety of realtime applications (from Virtual Production to in-engine Asset Preview)
• Share knowledge freely with other team members, and grow with your peers
• Work with Senior and Lead Developers to conform and improve code and tools
• Contribute practical implementation bound to a schedule and roadmap
Essential skills are those you have matured professionally, or have been practicing personally for a length of time and can demonstrate achievements in (e.g. personal repository, demos etc.)
• 3+ years in a creative industry in a technical role (Film, Episodic, Commercials, AA or AAA games)
• Related STEM Degree, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge of the fundamentals of programming and mathemtics as they apply to your qualifications
• Iintermediate level knowledge of C++ with an eye towards efficiency and performance
• Knowledge of at least one DCC API and willingness to learn others as needed
• Strong Knowledge of at least one Game Engine (Unreal preferred)
• Able to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site large organization
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a structured development environment (Version Control, Issue tracking, task tracking etc.)
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don't expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don't, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
• Python Programming
• Pixar USD, especially custom schemas, asset resolution and pipeline integration
• Epic Unreal, Operation and SDK
• Unity Technology's Unity Game Engine and Editor, operation
• HLSL or GLSL Shader writing
• Maya, Operation and SDK
• Houdini, Operation and HDK