Senior Project Manager
Remote / Virtual
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
This role sits within Technicolor's Advertising division which includes a family of global creative studios; Moving Picture Company, The Mill and Mikros MPC.
From ideation to creative success, we work on high-profile, award-winning advertising campaigns for the world's best brands.
We are looking for an experienced developer who will be working in a stand-alone role, but collaborating with other technical and commercials teams across the group.
This role will be an initial 3 months contract with potential extension to a longer-term role.
• Working with database software to define, design and develop ways to store, organize and manage data.
• Keeping databases up to date and managing access, security/integrity measures and backup procedures
• Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
• Ensuring that databases meet user requirements
• Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff and defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels
• Testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably
• Archiving data
Required Skills & Experience:
• DB Administration Skill set - Setting up Databases, schemas and data-structures. Maintaining Databases
• Advanced SQL knowledge
• Data-Modelling, Architecture and Analysis - Tables, relationships, system architecture
• Microsoft Power BI
• Demonstrated analytical and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to manage database design, coding & mapping
• Experience in designing data for management information purposes
• Attention to detail; able to identify system bugs and issues
• Ability to analyze problems, recommend solutions, drive delivery and present information in an intuitive fashion
• Excellent Technical Skills; SQL, Excel and Data Blending
• Experience of managing databases and/or wrangling data
• Experience analyzing complex issues, packaging findings and presenting effectively to senior managers
• Experience of using specialist data blending and visualization software
• Able to structure messy, ill-defined problems, clarify the 'problem statement' and conceptualize an analytical approach to resolve it
• Ability to master technical tools and analytics related languages
• Analytical, able to identify high-level trends and identify the 'story' as well as maintain attention to detail in how the data is manipulated
• Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, tailoring the message and delivery to the audience
• Ability to analyze large amounts of data and present findings concisely with insightful commentary
• Track record of delivering complex messages and analysis in a simple & clear format
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.