Matchmove / Rotoanim (MMRA) - Artist
Technicolor Creative Studios shares are admitted to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Paris (TCHCS)
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.
• Camera Tracking and match moving objects in live action plates for VFX projects.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the 3D team and other VFX departments.
• To roto-animate a variety of characters and / or objects that match the film backplates for various film projects and maintain consistent shot quality.
• To work closely with Roto Animation Supervisors / Leads to create convincing performances and motion of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space within the animation package for the addition of CG effects.
• To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks.
• To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers.
• Do their best to stay positive and accept direction changes in an intense production environment.
• To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character/rig.
• Feature film experience using 3d Equalizer & Maya is essential.
• Experience with 3D Roto Animation; matching digital models to live-action plates will be a plus.
• Experience using other tracking packages are advantageous (e.g.: Boujou & Syntheyes).
• Thorough understanding of camera and rigid-body tracking, and use of survey data when generating camera and object tracks.
• Experience working with Lidar and other onset data.
• Understanding of real-world camera attributes such as apertures, lenses and distortion.
• Previous film industry experience will be preferred.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to take direction and feedback well from the Leads & Supervisor.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqp56z-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.