Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We are now seeking an experienced and highly motivated Project Manager to join the global organization within the Film and Episodic VFX (FEV) Business Transformation Project Management Office (PMO).
What you'll Do
The Business Transformation PMO within Technicolor FEV is responsible for both delivery and the governance and standards for a range of enterprise programs and projects across the global organization. Working cross-functionally with departments including Talent, New Business, and Workforce Planning, the PMO ultimately supports the organization to deliver excellent work to clients both on time and on budget, as well as maintaining the business as an innovative market leader of VFX.
The Project Manager's primary role is to lead, manage, and implement new business transformation projects across the organization. You will be responsible for all stages of the project life cycle, from project set-up and planning through execution, all the way to successful delivery and implementation.
Reporting to the Head of the FEV Business Transformation PMO, the Project Manager will sit within the PMO and also help with its day-to-day operation where required, supporting the development of project management maturity across the business in three key areas: People, Process, and Tools.
• Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of one or more global cross-functional business transformation projects at any one time. You will initiate project kick-off by developing the outline business case with the Project Sponsor, form the project team, develop the schedule, manage execution, monitoring and controls all the way through to formal project closure
• Lead the core project team for projects under your management, many of whom will also have business-as-usual responsibilities (i.e. not 100% project dedicated resources)
• Establish ''right-sized'' governance for the projects which you lead, including project team meetings and escalation criteria
• Manage risk, issues, change control, and the project budget
• Partner with other parts of the organization to help identify and manage both upstream and downstream dependencies
• Create and maintain all key project documentation
• Present and report on project status to the agreed frequency level to a range of stakeholders across the business, up to C-Suite level
• Support the Head of the Business Transformation PMO with activities to further develop the maturity of the PMO, including the continuous improvement of project controls, tools, and templates
• Be an active participant in the wider project management community across the organization
• Where relevant, lead the development of business process maps for projects under your domain
What you'll Need
• Relevant project management or PMO experience within the full life cycle of cross functional projects. (Please note: although there will be a Technology element to many of the projects you deliver, this is not an I.T Project Manager role)
• Experience of creating key project documentation
• Experience of project scheduling, risk management, budget management, and tracking the realization of benefits
• Clear and confident communication skills; able to work with stakeholders from across the business
• Experience in managing the activities of a project team in a matrixed project organization
• Goal orientated; will own projects and tasks under your domain and see them through to completion
• Accuracy and attention to detail under a busy workload
• Highly data literate with the ability to handle and analyze data from a variety of sources to form meaningful conclusions and next steps
• Self-motivated and proactive, with an ability to work independently where required
• Enthusiastic and committed to learn, with a passion for project management
• Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to important issues
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Fluency in English (written and verbal)
Any of the following technical skills are a bonus:
• A relevant Project Management qualification or strong experience of using at least one project management methodology (e.g. PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2, DSDM, SAFe)
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 package, particularly PowerPoint, Project, Planner, Excel, SharePoint, Word, Teams
• Demonstrable experience of working within a Waterfall, Agile, or Hybrid (Waterfall & Agile) project environment
• Experience of business process mapping
• Experience of change management
Any of the following Experience is an advantage:
• Experience working within the media and entertainment industry
• Interest and knowledge of the film and episodic visual effects industry
• Experience of working on business transformation initiatives, either as a project manager or as part of a wider project team