Technicolor Creative Studios is a technology company working with creative companies across the world to help them produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists' partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences around the world. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising, and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony, and IKEA.
*This role is on-site*
Reporting to the US Head of Technology, the Lead Systems Engineer works with the local engineering team to provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to the LA facility and also collaborate with the global Core Engineering and Global Systems Architecture teams to build, maintain and support the facility infrastructure and pipeline
• Lead the engineering team efforts to coordinate ideas and changes that improve service and optimize infrastructure.
• Work closely with Lead VFX artists to ensure engineering meets and exceeds support expectations.
• Maintain server room and colocation facility equipment along with the Technology Engineers.
• Build and maintain operation of network, storage, render, servers and workstations.
• Coordinate support for global services hosted locally - MySQL Databases, Amanda, Tractor, Multisite VMs etc.
• Systems performance monitoring and optimization
• Lead disaster recovery efforts for local site
• Collaboration with Global IT and Core Engineering teams to resolve complex issues, design, specify and deploy new technology.
• Work with Production Operations Manager on capacity planning to ensure resourcing is in line with production needs.
• Assist the US Head of Technology with vendor management and purchasing.
• Manage technology needs and resources of artists working remotely.
• Mentor and train other team members
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Engineering level knowledge of standard CG and compositing applications (Maya, Houdini, Flame, Nuke, Baselight)
• A minimum of 5 years Linux, Mac OS and Windows system administration experience including networking and scripting.
• Demonstrable knowledge of scripting with bash and Python.
• Working knowledge of other scripting languages such as tcsh, and Perl.
• Experience with configuring and maintaining enterprise scale hardware. (Render
farms, Clusters, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Storage, etc.)
• Strong understanding of storage and networking, NFS, Isilon storage cluster, Brocade and HP switch configuration.
• General understanding of SMPTE standards and broadcast video engineering concepts including video systems.
• Experience with remote working solutions including Leostream, HP RGS, Teradici, TViPs, and Clearview.
The pay range for this full-time staff position is $125,000- $135,000 per year, which is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and pursuant to the California Pay Transparency Law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjy631-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.