About Technicolor Creative Studios
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. We inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists' partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere. No idea is too ambitious for us to create to an incredibly high standard. Technicolor Creative Studios provides World Class production expertise in Film, Episodic, Gaming, Advertising and Experiential Marketing.
About Mikros Animation
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
About The Role
As a Lead Software Developer in the General team, your role is to lead a developer team and to further the development of the General Pipeline, to meet the needs of our users and the wider business. You will draw on your skills and experience to both extract and modernize the Pipeline for use by Mikros Animation, Technicolor companies, and to maintain ongoing used. You will focus on developing services and APIs that encapsulate the business logic of the platform, in areas such as compute, storage, digital asset management and digital resource management. You will be building internally facing interfaces to our platform and production data.
The Pipeline team has a broad scope and diverse user group. While there is some expectation of the role to work across multiple aspects of the platform
(building features, fixing bugs, general enhancements), some developers do specialize and focus on specific subject areas. This may happen immediately, or after some time having gained familiarity with many areas of the platform.
In this role, your responsibilities will include;
• Work with your colleagues to develop features, fix bugs, and define new services from start to finish.
• Work with, and inform, leadership to shape the technical implementation and architecture or key client services in the pipeline.
• Help leadership and project management to track progress and outcomes, and provide key insight when a change of direction is needed.
• Work with projects across the world in Mikros Animation and with the larger TCS VFX and Advertising businesses to provide solutions and
• guidance for their pipelines
• Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
• Contribute to developer facing or user facing documentation as applicable.
• Operate as a domain specialist and point person for multiple teams or projects when applicable.
• Taking responsibility for code quality, always leaving projects in better state than before you started work.
• Evangelise use of the Core Platform within Mikros and other Technicolor business units.
• Take part in the hiring process by screening applicants, participating in interviews or posing interview questions as required.
• Provide some level of operational support for the pipeline as required.
• Work with the product owner and stakeholders to establish requirements and report progress.
To succeed in the role, the following experience and competencies are required;
• Advanced experience with Computer Graphics in a VFX, Animation or AAA Game setting.
• Advanced experience in a pipeline or tool development role.
• Production-level experience using Python for desktop applications, service backends or development infrastructure.
• Experience with structured development operations (ticketing, reportage, version control etc.)
• Experience and vision around the structuring and implementation of Asset Management and Pipeline-centric projects
• Understanding of and the ability to operate in a structured DevOps context
• Basic skills in GUI/UX development, and willingness to occasionally develop PoC level frames to demonstrate or propose concepts and ideas
• Familiarity with modern structured development practices, documentation needs, and the tools that support them is very important.
• Solid knowledge of testing principles, in particular TDD and/or BDD.
• Collaborative and team-oriented approach to product development, working with teams across locations, timezones and cultures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
The following are not essential to be successful in the role, however prior experience or the desire to grow in these areas will be of benefit;
• Understanding of CI/CD best practices and advocate for their use and improvement.
• An understanding of the Virtual Production space within VFX
• C++ knowledge will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrable knowledge operating and implementation for a VFX Centric DCC (Maya, Houdini)
• Strong understanding and some experience working with USD directly
• Knowledge of Python packages and frameworks such as Flask, PyQt, PyMySQL, etc.
• An interest in the architectural perspective - contributing to architectural decisions and other technical documentation.
• Experience of Agile and lean methodologies, and an interest in process improvement in these areas.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where requirements change.
• Able to present technical concepts to a broad audience with varying level of technical understanding.
• Experience working with large, legacy code bases; from maintenance and refactoring through to end-of-life support.
• An awareness of security and keeping content secure.
• This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of Animation. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with
• cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzqw6-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.