TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN INDIA
We are an award-winning visual effects company built on the belief that our strength lies in our team and our success relies on our people. By embracing our clients in our culture of mutual trust and commitment we set the stage for seamless partnerships and the perfect translation of creative vision to visual art. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen in some of the World's most exciting film and television content. By uniting with our friends to tell their stories, we become storytellers ourselves.
A Lookdev artist is responsible for creating shaders and defining the look for hero, photo-based, conceptual and design 3D builds. This includes assets across the board from characters, human digital doubles, humanoids, animals, hard-surface such as vehicles, robotics, mechanical contraptions, props and concept based creatures and animals.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Should be good at visualizing the final look of an asset by looking at the concept or create a visual plan when the visual target is not defined
• Needs to source references and create mood boards to create the vision for the design based on given inputs and briefs and set all the inputs necessary to define the materials and the look
• Is responsible for delivering the best VFX asset by following the supervision team and clients creative vision
• Should be very creative and come up with plans and communicate through quick dailies that will help to fast track decision making at different levels.
• Meet production schedules and set deadlines while maintaining the highest standards
• Sets up shading networks and maintains the shading library and lookdev templates.
• Comes up with setups and feature additions to the existing shaders and templates based on show requirements
• Takes group responsibilities for his/her build teams and guides artists in workflows and maintaining the quality of the assets.
• Supports artists by creating templates in Katana. Setup lookdev for main hero assets and materials which can be later reused by artists for other builds such as crowds and variations
• Experience with rendering pipeline and internal processes
• Good understanding of all stages of Asset Pipeline and fair knowledge of VFX and CG productions
• Ability to work with node based systems
• Exposure to different rendering technologies
• In depth knowledge of shading principles and good understanding of shading implementations/features of 3d rendering sofwares (ex. Renderman/Arnold)
• Good experience in working with Renderman for Katana
• Programming/Coding skills (C++, python, lua)
• Reading release notes, developers documentation, papers, documentation, wiki, etc
• A logical and step by step methodical approach towards problem solving
• Ability to keep up with advancements and improvements made to technology and familiarity with them
• Varied background with experiences in different disciplines and roles (for example, having a knowledge of photography is quite useful for somebody trying to understand lighting)
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.