Mill Experience is a global experience design and interactive production group. We create next generation spatial and digital solutions for complex marketing and industry challenges for the world's visionary brands, agencies and industries. We operate as part of production company and VFX powerhouse The Mill.
Twenty plus years of innovation has established The Mill as a recognized global brand and our reputation is built on our people. We find, train and nurture the most talented creative, technical and production teams in the industry and our scale enables us to work individually, in teams or as an international network via our bases in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore.
Mill Experience is a strategic studio within The Mill creating mixed reality, virtual events, experiential activations and interactive products for brands and agencies.
The globe-spanning team of forward-thinking technologists and creatives works on innovation consultancy, project management, design, and execution to dream and build concepts beamed from the future.
From augmented reality to artificial intelligence, we use our unrivaled expertise to craft memorable visual experiences to engage and captivate audiences.
The Mill is looking for a Lead Developer who can manage. lead and execute technical projects using a full stack of software, across a broad spectrum of interactive and experiential work within The Mill Experience team. You are a Senior Software Developer who is looking for their next step to become a leader who can develop software and content for client and public-facing interactive experiences. You will create solutions for technologically complex projects.
You and the team will work with a multidisciplinary group of developers, artists, producers and strategists to develop groundbreaking interactive and experiential products for our clients. We combine expertise from the interactive and film industries to advance real-time visuals and experiences.
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
• Lead the development efforts across a number of interactive and experiential projects. As Lead Developer, you would be very hands on and actively contribute to developing and leading the technical efforts on a project
• Work together with the Creative Directors and Producers to define a project roadmap
• Work with the Creative Technology Director and other technical leads to develop and roll out technical best practices across the team, from coding standards, naming conventions and asset organization
• Work with real-time supervisors to continuously improve upon pipeline and workflows
• Ensure technical documentation is completed for all projects and guide other members of the team in continuing this practice
• Assist with mentorship and career development for teammates to help meet department goals
• Proven experience as a professional software engineering for interactive experiences required;
• Self-motivated, with little guidance needed, and an ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each in an agile manner.
• Extensive domain knowledge of interactive/videogame/real-time production pipelines using technologies such as Unity or Unreal with C#, C++ and Blueprints.
• Experience with mobile app development and deployment to Android and iOS.
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and 3D math.
• Solid software engineering skills, including the ability to write robust, maintainable, well-architected, well-documented code.
• Working knowledge of prototyping and building large interactive environments, synchronized visual effects, and particle systems.
• Experience with web technologies and frameworks both server side and client side.
• Experience building highly polished browser-based web experiences across mobile and desktop, leveraging common web frameworks such as ThreeJS.
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams of artists, designers and engineers
• Working knowledge of building networked multi-user game experiences.
• An understanding of good user experience and how to implement best practices into interactive projects.
• Computer Science BS, MS or PhD degree preferred or equivalent experience.
N I C E T O H A V E
• Experience with motion capture equipment such as Xsens, Opti-track, Rokoko.
• Familiar with Application and Transport layer networking protocols.
• Experience leveraging AI & Machine Learning for tooling and artistic purposes.
• Knowledge of virtual production practices using game engines.
• Experience with Raspberry pi, Arduino, micro controllers, LED, robotics, motors, batteries and off the shelf hardware.
• Experience with Cinder and/or TouchDesigner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pw2x-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.