Senior BI / Business Analyst
London, United Kingdom
MPC Film has been one of the global leaders in VFX for over 25 years and counting, with industry-leading studios in London, Los Angeles, Bengaluru and Montréal.
We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster movies like The Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Pirates of the Caribbean, Godzilla and Wonder Woman. We work on the tiny details and spectacular scenes that make movies truly mind-blowing. Animating everything from lifelike fur to dynamic crowd scenes to larger than life destruction sequences. We're scene builders, partners in the filmmaking process with a direct line to the director's creative vision.
MPC has been at the forefront of Realtime and Virtual Production for years, with those efforts participating in Oscar nominations and wins, and we're renewing our efforts to remain at the bleeding edge of those offerings for our clients as we face a full slate of high profile awards for 2021 and 2022.
If you are passionate about Realtime, keen to grow quickly and make significant contributions to high-end efforts, and want to see how Realtime meets film-making, we want to hear from you.
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members
• Contribute to the implementation of features and continuing support cycles under the leadership of a team leader
• Contribute to documentation and/or support of the platform's users
• Learn, share and grow
• Essential skills are those you have matured professionally, or have been practicing personally for a length of time and can demonstrate achievements in (e.g. personal repository, demos etc.)
• Technical STEM Degree, or equivalent applied knowledge
• An interest in, and intuition for, the principles of computer graphics in at least one domain (pipeline/systems, rendering, simulation, animation)
• C++ and/or Python knowledge, and willingness to learn the other if you only possess one
• Some knowledge of DCC Operation (Maya, Houdini, Blender etc.)
• Ability to operate comfortably in a game engine
• Able to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site large organization
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don't expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don't, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
• Python Programming
• C++ Programming
• Epic Unreal, Operation and SDK
• HLSL or GLSL Shader writing
• Maya, Operation and SDK
• Houdini, Operation and HDK
• Pixar USD