Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in every day to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology.
Technicolor Production Services is the division that contains our world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros. Key to the success of our division and its brands is winning the war on talent through acquiring and growing a community where artistry meets technology.
The Focus is our ambition to create a careers hub (including a digital platform) for professionals. We aim to create a platform that enables individuals to advance in their careers and make the best of their creative industry experience.
The Focus is a team of experts in recruitment, marketing and L&D who work to meet the demands of our brands and provide a central hub of job matching, career guidance, learning opportunities and industry insights. Our ambitions to create a digital platform are the strategic enabler to advance the exchange of real-time data by building a community at large.
Based in our London offices, the Head of Product and Growth- The Focus has the responsibility to translate the vision into the reality of building a diverse community of professionals from all backgrounds by improving access to the creative industry.
• Lead the product management of a digital platform featuring jobs, learning, events and industry insights which equips professionals with the necessary tools to succeed in their field with a focus on enhancing the definition and growth of the product in the market
• Analyze key performance metrics and drive business results. Use the digital platform and a recruitment CRM to acquire and hold the market share of real-time talent data to support matching skills and availability with demand.
• Gain a deep understanding of user experience, identify and fill product gaps, generate new ideas that grow market share, improve user experience, and drive growth-evaluating the business needs and community needs, defining functional solutions based on both new and existing technology.
• Planning the product roadmap based on the needs of the community and business
• Work cross-functionally to design, build, test and measure metrics relating to the community experience.
• Responsible for working with dedicated marketing resource to build and maintain The Focus as a community -- both online and offline, including editorial, events, content distribution, and digital engagement to build brand presence and trust
• Lead innovation and improvement of the digital platform as well as the day-to-day product activities in such a way that ensures the product is constantly growing to suit the business and the community needs
• Identifying opportunities that lead to the growth of The Focus
• Spearheading investigation and analysis on the digital platform, overall services and the broader market
• Direct line management of the Focus Marketing Team (Marketing Manager and Social Media Journalist)
Leadership and Culture
• Build and sustain good working relationships with business leaders. Gather news from all of them in ways that are consistently effective and structured and help inform the direction of The Focus
• Be a mentor, ambassador and representative of Technicolor's Production Services, The Focus, and the brand culture
• Be a partner to the recruitment and L&D departments help enable broader strategic priorities
• Actively drive and influence people's behaviour and actions to ensure they are aligned with the company values, vision, and mission
• Facilitate local and global leaders and ensure management walk the talk
• Encourage maximum performance and dedication from all employees
• Build an environment in which employees willingly produce maximum work and be their best at work
What You'll Need
Professional expertise – Specialist and proven experience in product growth and community development
Technical skills –managing (offshore) agile development teams, CMS, CRM, and understanding data architecture structures.
Organizational skills – personal efficiency with the ability to prioritize competing demands (and others) is key.
Communication skills – ability to lead and work with cross-functional global teams, manage diverse personalities and viewpoints; building relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
Commercial acumen – The ability to demonstrate strategic decision-making within the business
Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organization.
Coaching and mentoring – Whether local senior management, junior colleagues or middle management, you will be proficient in developing skills and bringing people with you.
Trust – a trusted confidante and unafraid of giving your opinions and expertise