Digital Implementation Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
The Production Services Research and Development group is responsible for Architecting and designing the software infrastructure, tools, workflows and pipeline for all Technicolor brands in all markets. From ground-breaking Hollywood Blockbusters and episodic series, to high profile advertising campaigns and broadly distributed animated productions, we create and support global, distributed, efficient pipelines and tools used by our thousands of artists and the software infrastructure powering a truly global operation, capable of producing tens of thousands of shots and hours of animation every year.
As the Head of Software for Advertising, you would be part of the CTO R&D staff, interacting with peers in the other service lines and acting as the main point of contact between this group and the Advertising leadership.
The role is mainly responsibility for managing and providing technical direction and alignment to all the Software development teams within the Advertising Service Line, spanning all Technicolor brands. These teams, in coordination with the rest of the Production Services R&D organization design, build and support the tools that allow us to be at the forefront of the market. Additionally it is an essential connection to the Advertising service line global leadership and to the other functions in the business to provide visibility and ensure that requirements, present and future are met.
Reporting to the CTO Research & Development, and with a dotted line report to the Head of Business Line, the Head of Software will manage a global team of around 25 people.
Our creative teams work on a diverse range of projects and span Visual Effects, Live Action Production, Animation, Motion Design, Color Grading, XR, Experiential and Interactive products.
• In charge of designing, implementing and managing all software and pipeline across all studios / countries including unifying approaches across brands and locations.
• In charge of the strategy for the development of our technological solutions and its realization allowing to bring a competitive advantage to the company.
• Responsible for structuring leading, mentoring and managing on a daily basis the teams, their managers and their projects, from design to delivery.
• In charge of budget management and performance monitoring of the technology teams.
• The main point of contact on technological aspects for internal stakeholders (creative and production) and business leadership.
• Worked closely within the CTO organization and peers therein to carry out cross-functional projects or initiatives, align technology direction and share experience.
• Responsible for the department's budget (Human Resources, investment etc.)
• Participating in the company communication and representation within the group and externally.
• Significant experience in leading technical teams, acquired applying successful technical expertise, in the moving image or related sectors.
• Recognised experience in the architecture / development and maintenance of CG/3D Pipeline.
• A collaborative, project-oriented management style and are familiar with the Agile approach.
• At ease within matrix organizations with a low hierarchy, you have both experience of working in a large group and in smaller independent structures.