Lead Software Developer - Core Infrastructure
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
With offices all over the globe, MPC Film is a world leading creative studio, creating award-winning, high-end visual effects and animation for the film industry
Our unique combination of talent, technology and craft leads to distinctive and award-winning work for the most challenging feature films
If you have a desire to challenge yourself and push the boundaries of creative excellence on every project, we want to hear from you
The Global Head of PMO, Technology will implement, lead and manage a new, future-state Agile Project Management Office (PMO) to govern and monitor all project and program delivery within the Technology organization. You will be a servant leader, who brings people together and coaches the team on how to use lean-agile methods to create product value and increase efficiency and effectiveness. You will share in our belief that is our craft skills that put us ahead in the industry, and work with the CTO and Department Heads to sustain a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
Main responsibilities of this PMO will include: ownership and evolution of agile project delivery ways of working; provision of project/program templates and processes including scoping, planning, delivery, tracking, risk mitigation, change management, and business reporting; hiring, line management, training, and career development of Project Managers across the Technology organization; project/program performance analysis and improvement across KPIs (cost, quality, time, and value realization); submission of all requested projects and programs into a prioritization review in partnership with Product Management, Resource Management, Technology & Executive Management, and FEV brand/show clients.
Key Role Accountabilities
• Relaunch, structure and direct the Project Management team against new job specs.
• Create Project Management team objectives and KPIs to guide the department, monitoring program performance and, where required, act as an escalation point.
• Ongoing line management of the Project Management department. Regular review of skills, competency, and performance of all Project Management staff against role competencies, responsibilities, KPIs, and career progression.
• Use user-centered design practices to create timely, meaningful, and accurate plans, documentation, and reports across a set of diverse teams, readily available for senior leaders. You will have a focus on automating the core administrative tasks of the PMO.
• Help manage the project intake workflow that takes requests from FEV Technology clients (shows, brands, executive management, and Technicolor Group functions), which is then quickly evaluated and scoped in partnership with Product Management and relevant engineering staff (for requirements, features, value/benefit, urgency, build/buy assessment, and ROI), and submitted to an executive steering committee on a regular basis for prioritization review and budget approval before initiating.
• Lead the program management of large Technology projects within the business (w/ the CTO and Department Heads).
• Lead the development of process maps where not available, and create structures for review, sign-off, implementation, and ongoing future review.
• Continuously review project management templates and update when appropriate.
• Implement, document and communicate new procedures and processes companywide using existing and new methods of production.
• Partner with operational and financial leads on commercial stewardship across recruitment, freelance, structural, reporting, and efficiency tracking.
Skills and Knowledge
• Proven track record for planning, executing, controlling and closing large agile software projects/programs (teams of 5-25 people or more) and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without supervision.
• Experience of project management using AGILE, PMI, or PRINCE2 methodology (or equivalent) for medium to large sized projects.
• Experience of managing an agile PMO office.
• Training and coaching of Project Managers and PMO staff.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in efficient Change Management methods.
• Experienced in evaluating Project Management Maturity (eg PMI PMMM).
• Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and program plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies.
• Highly efficient in resource planning and tasks assignment.
• Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning.
• Strong line management and team leader experience.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations.
• Diplomatic ability to influence others and create change at all levels of the business.
• Strong ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions.
• Experience of program and project level financial management.
• Experience of defining and delivering benefits realization for projects and programs.
• Background in the VFX industry is desirable, but not a requirement.
• At least 10-15 years of relevant project management or PMO management experience.
• PMI and PMI-ACP, or equivalently qualified in similar project management methodologies
• Support Office (BCS Professional Certification (formerly ISEB) PPSO); Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (APMG - P30®); Managing Successful Programmes (MSP™); Management of Risk (M_o_R®); Management of Value (MoV®) Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3®), or other PMO qualification.
• Knowledge of Visual Effects production, pipeline, workflow, and/or technology is an asset but not essential.
• Line management or team leadership experience.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.