MillX is a global experience design and interactive production studio. We create next generation spatial and digital solutions for complex marketing and industry challenges for the world's visionary brands, agencies and industries. We operate as part of production company and VFX powerhouse The Mill, a Technicolor company.
We are looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Creative Director to join our MillX team.
An Experience Creative Director at The Mill dreams and makes technologically-enabled experiences that induce wonder, inspire play, and create impact. They leverage expertise in creative strategy, UX, interaction methods, visual design, narrative methodology, emerging technology, and spatial design to do so. They are passionate about creating products and experiences, be they virtual, augmented, physical, or web-based.
This is the position for those who love ideas - not just their ideas but ideas in general. They bring enthusiasm and skills that help others generate and create innovative experiences. They know how to manage and collaborate through a rigorous process, and to create novel works from a blank page to deployment. They direct AND they mentor.
Our directors have curious minds and are multi-faceted. Their portfolios showcase beautiful and meaningful experiences that travel a wide gamut of mediums, technologies, and methods including interior architecture, real-time graphics, AI, apps, XR, physical computing, narrative space, gamification, creative coding, and virtual production. They are comfortable at the edge of possibility, embrace experimentalism, invent through design thinking, and refute shiny object syndrome.
Our directors are practical dreamers.
• As part of a global offering, you can successfully direct work across teams and time zones at a distance, working collaboratively with world-class creatives, technologists and production across our Studios to drive results and outcomes.
• Join regular cross-office meetings with MillX ECD and creatives to knowledge-share and participate in initiatives across The Mill.
• Ensures all creative thinking and work product on their teams under their direction meets or exceeds Mill's creative standards.
• Confident in leading different types of spatial and digital work spanning interactive platforms, apps and websites to installations.
• Clearly and consistently communicates creative vision and goals to departmental staff and team members.
• Inspires and enforces a balance of rigorous process, dreaming, invention, and strategy across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Produce pitch-winning responses to briefs and lead workshops in line with the client's strategy, goals, timings and budget
• Oversee and guide strategy and creative solutions across multiple accounts, projects and concurrent timelines.
• Oversees projects from ideation to delivery.
• Does not fear the blank page and thrives in strategic ideation.
• Creates inspired work and inspires others to do the same.
• Works equally well as a team member or project leader.
• Breaks rules and tests the limits of post-modern communication.
• Adept at foundational futurist thinking and CX strategies.
• Participates in external promotion of Mill brand and culture.
• Participates in thought leadership outside of Mill walls via writing, speaking, and creating.
• Active in regional and departmental creative recruitment.
• Additional duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned
• 5+ years of CD-level experience in leading projects and teams to develop creative executions for interactive, XR and experiential markets at the highest international level
• You have flawless presentation, writing and verbal communication skills, and can sell experiential and interactive concepts to non-technical audiences
• You have proven creative writing, client contact, project management, and thinker-maker skills
• You have an exceptional portfolio of work for high-profile clients
• You have a solid understanding of technology trends; you are agile with development of new processes and can lead projects with your developers
• You love to translate brand and client stories into great UX, and concepts into creative design
• You are highly organized, self-motivated and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines
• You're a digital genius with an innate taste for the latest and greatest social and interactive platforms, digital technology, and own process-driven visual and experience design
• For integrated projects, you know how to champion storytelling and are experienced working together with film directors to deliver content
• Self-motivated, with little guidance needed, and an ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each in an agile manner
• You are consistently learning and expanding new skill sets
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n09p-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.