TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN INDIA
We are an award-winning visual effects company built on the belief that our strength lies in our team and our success relies on our people. By embracing our clients in our culture of mutual trust and commitment we set the stage for seamless partnerships and the perfect translation of creative vision to visual art. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen in some of the World's most exciting film and television content. By uniting with our friends to tell their stories, we become storytellers ourselves.
An artist is responsible for creating texture maps for photo-based builds. This includes assets across the board from characters, human digital doubles, animals, hard-surface such as vehicles, and props.
The goal is to create texture maps for 3D models built to match photo references.
• Needs to source textures from photo references. Collect additional references in line with the photo shoot if there isn't enough coverage in the given references
• Re-use existing textures from the asset Library and re-purpose them as needed
• Uses templates from key artists to support and fast track their work
• Lookdev assets based on given photo references
• Ingest assets coming from other vendors into MPC pipeline and lookdev assets to match client lookdev turntables
• Is responsible for delivering the best VFX asset by following the supervision team and clients creative vision
• Should be able to present dailies in the best possible way to communicate work progress and fast track decision making
• Meet production schedules and set deadlines while maintaining the highest standards
• Good understanding of all stages of Asset Pipeline and fair knowledge of VFX and CG productions
• Gathering, grading and lineup of references
• Validating models and UVs, cameras before commencing texturing work
• Camera projection and cleanup to create COL maps and secondaries
• Create sculpts and 2d displacements wherever necessary
• Setup shaders and lookdev in renderman for Katana
• Create maps to aid Key Artists workload
• Re-purpose existing textures for variations
• Create maps to support material library/standard MPC builds
• Create tilable textures as source material
• Help with Lookdev feedbacks, address notes and map adjustments
• Release textures, package and validate and publish builds
• Optimising assets, maps and texture layers
• Exporting assets to other vendors and clients
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.