Los Angeles, CA
We collaborate with groundbreaking directors, creative agencies and visionary brands, who trust us to bring their ideas to life. We value the two-way nature of these partnerships, understanding that our clients give us opportunities to improve our craft and astound their audiences.
Though we are renowned for our unrivalled creative expertise, we are just as inventive with our workflow solutions and pride ourselves on our impeccable account management and client service.
Thirty plus years of innovation has established The Mill as a recognized global brand for creating seamless visual effects, but we are also leaders in design, animation, live action content direction, VFX brand accounts, versioning and global adaptations, digital content creation and distribution. Our ability to package multiple services allows us to deliver both schedule and budget efficiencies and to create with the multi-platform world in mind. This helps clients create gr e. eat looking content for any screen.
Our reputation is built on our people. We find, train and nurture the most talented creative, technical and production teams in the industry and our scale enables us to work individually, in teams or as an international network via our bases in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, and Bangalore.
A 3D Animator must work closely with our Animation Supervisor and fellow animators to augment and develop their techniques, research and incorporate new technology, as well as develop an in-depth awareness of client requirements and how to co-ordinate and guide them through the creative process.
Along with this they will require a base understanding of animation rigging/set-up and CG character animation. Their skills and experience in these areas will allow them to progress to the position of a 3D Artist where they will be expected to lead meetings with clients and attend shoots to advise upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end special effects.
• Working closely with 3D Artists, Leads and the Animation Supervisor to ensure the clients' requirements are met.
• Working under the guidance of the Senior 3D Artists to grow and develop the Business, as well as implement working methodologies, manage large projects and coordinate the visual effects output and quality control.
• 1-3 years experience
• A degree in animation or computer graphics
• Familiarity with Maya
• Familiarity with Linux operating systems knowledge as well as experience of Windows.
• General knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD and Nuke/After Effects
• An understanding of hair dynamics, animation rigging/set-up and 3D character animation.
• Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process.
• Demonstrate and understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines