- Full Time
Job DescriptionAcademy @ The Focus is a free virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world's top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor's diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our virtual courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on your creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MEANS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A ROLE IN TORONTO AFTER COMPLETING THE VIRTUAL COURSE
You are applying to join the Academy @ The Focus course for FX.
The objective of the FX Academy is to support students in their transition to step into an FX career, developing and improving artist's ability to deliver high quality content on time for feature films and episodic shows. The course aims to improve both creative and technical skills on software, tools and workflows used on production and to improve communication skills to collaborate with colleagues.
We teach how to work collaboratively and produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging FX simulations of the highest quality within the timeframe provided.
By the end of the academy, we expect each student to be skilled with specific FX competencies and be able to find information by themselves without setback when encountering issues. They are expected to be able to produce high quality simulations of particles, destruction, smoke, water and magic among others.
While you have previous training, this course is designed to sharpen your skills to be the best fx artist you can be.
Whether it's working out areas of your game that need practice or introducing you to some techniques you may not have realized you're good at, this is what the course is about.
• A free online course of 8-10 weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first class VFX
• Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
• Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
• Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
• The opportunity to apply to available roles at Technicolor, and to potentially receive a bonus, if offered a position
• Recent graduates of a VFX program or entry/junior level candidates looking for their first break in the VFX industry.
• Candidates ready to cross the bridge from learning into a professional career.
• Artists with a drive, passion, and commitment to deliver first class VFX.
• All applicants will be asked to complete a standardized skills test.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d814xk-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.