Programming Strategy & Ops Coordinator (TBS, TNT, truTV)
The Programming Strategy & Operations Coordinator is an entry-level role responsible for supporting the team that develops programming strategies, builds schedules, communicates programming plans, and executes operational functions for WarnerMedia's top-rated cable networks-TBS, TNT, & truTV. You'll assist with the development and execution of detailed programming lineups that fulfill all targeted strategies, are well-balanced from a creative and product usage standpoint, and deliver maximum audience in all dayparts.
This role requires excellent attention to detail. You'll have the opportunity to learn, innovate, and apply both analytics and creativity as you contribute new ideas to help strengthen our programming, experiment with new processes, and learn what drives the TBS, TNT, and truTV audiences. Finally, you'll interface with key network stakeholders in departments such as Marketing, Research, Net Ops, Development, Finance, Public Relations, Ad Sales, and Distribution to ensure their goals, needs, and direction are accurately reflected in our programming strategies and plans.
• Train on internal scheduling systems to become a proficient backup for released schedule changes, including QCing and proofing schedules, to develop system & process knowledge.
• Verify programming metadata such as storylines, content ratings, and premiere indicators on available listing services and serve as contact for third-party metadata teams (Nielsen/Gracenote, Xperi, etc).
• Learn the fundamentals of programming strategy & operations, including scheduling strategies, content rights & usage requirements, formatting, clock/inventory management, and contingency planning.
• Coordinate reporting for key programming functions such as stunt run tracking, DVS compliance, movie version tracking & delivery, etc.
• Interface with operations teams to ensure proper flow from strategy to execution of programming plans.
• Prepare content calendars and materials including decks/presentations, one sheets, and newsletters (with an emphasis on visual storytelling) to be used for meetings & communications; update department documentation (windowing plans, presentations, competitive trackers) as needed.
• Aid network scheduling teams in ideation, development, and execution of themed programming collections & stunts.
• Monitor sister-network schedules to identify cross-promotional opportunities
• Maintain competitive case studies, best practices, and relevant industry research for evolving trends, including emerging programming & distribution models.
• Screen and evaluate potential program acquisitions, assessing which projects may be a good fit for the networks.
• Attend meetings to broaden knowledge & build business acumen related to networks' strategy & operations.
• Perform administrative functions such as coordinating meetings and managing calendars, travel, and expenses for senior staff.
• Assist senior staff with additional tasks and serve as back-up for other department coordinators as needed.
You are self-driven, organized and collaborative. You enjoy puzzles and do your best work when busy. You thrive in architecting plans, improving processes, utilizing new systems, and acting on data-driven insights. You are a team-problem solver – someone who can collaborate, troubleshoot, innovate, and iterate. You are organized and detailed to a fault with a wicked sense of humor and ability to get things done.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, television, film or related field
• 1-3 years experience in television (cable or broadcast) or digital media
• An understanding and passion for programming strategies, tactics, and the competitive television landscape
• Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines and pressure
• Highly developed written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external professionals
• Strong computer skills; very proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
• Must be flexible and pro-active with exceptional attention to detail
The Nice To Haves
• Understanding of programming strategies and the competitive content landscape, including traditional and emerging platforms
• Analytical mindset, ability to understand how to apply data and insights to help drive results
• Ability to maintain strong working relationships and interface/communicate with varied levels of management
• Very strong organizational skills and effective decision-making skills
• Ability to work across a matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate
• Positive attitude, collaborative spirit, and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects
• Passion and insight into WarnerMedia segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement
• Strong critical thinking skills, a strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset, and an appetite for content
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjz4o-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.