Our mission is to delight, engage, and inspire you through real-life storytelling.
Who are we?
We are a modern media company that engages a global audience of more than 300 million monthly viewers on all major digital, mobile, and streaming television platforms, with 700 million minutes watched each month. We create award-winning video content and original programming in the categories of Food, Travel, and Home & Design that we share with an engaged, passionate, and global community. Tastemade is built upon real data and an innovative approach to programming. We are changing the way the world watches, experiences, and engages with premium lifestyle content.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking to hire a Global Tax, Risk and Compliance Manager to join our growing team. The right person for this role will be a strong compliance-minded professional who doesn't need to be an expert on every subject matter of compliance but has the experience and comfort in owning it, managing it, finding the answers, and executing the solutions.
• Tell a great story. Develop original and untold stories that inspire, excite, and delight. Great storytelling has the power to not only entertain but to shape culture.
• Embrace our world. Be globally-minded-value inclusivity and diversity, respect the richness of all cultures, and appreciate those who are different from yourself.
• Be constantly curious. Ask questions. Find answers. Always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new.
• Create community through experience. Treat every moment as an opportunity to create meaningful experiences to share. Shared moments build community.
• Own the Outcome. Think and act like an owner. You are entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and for our community.
What you'll be doing:
• Quickly grasp local tax concepts relating to entities located in Brazil, Argentina and UK
• Manage the Company's transfer pricing matters and partner with multiple stakeholders to provide support on transfer pricing related issues
• Complete vendor onboarding forms required which relate to international WHT.
• Prepare and file quarterly UK VAT returns
• Work with local accountants to manage any dealings with HMRC, including census reporting, schedule D reporting, P11D calculations and VAT, tax residency certificate applications.
• Review and approve international month end balance sheet reconciliations for indirect, direct and payroll tax balances in Argentina and Brazil and UK.
• Point person for company insurance working with insurance brokers, legal and relevant departments to prepare the annual renewals
• Ownership over insurance premium audits such as production/ workers comp premium audits
• Prepare annual local business license renewals
• Prepare and complete state franchise tax calculations
• Complete state registrations for new states for payroll and corporate tax purposes
• Prepare monthly compliance packages to bankers
• Prepare monthly investor reporting packages
• Respond to BLS requests for information
• Play a key role in the management of the company's 401k plan including assistance with the 401k audit
• Prepare and file the company's 1099 filings
• Subject matter expert for indirect taxes.
• Perform nexus assessments and exposure analysis for sales tax and assisting with technical set up of tools to facilitate calculation and returns in multiple of states over new and emerging business streams
• Prepare and file US sales tax returns in a multiple of states
• Perform taxability assessments of product types for both sales tax and VAT including the real world implementation of those rules (reviewing tech tools to facilitate the collection and remittance such as Avalara/ TaxJar/ Stripe Tax)
• Knowledge of marketplace facilitator rules a plus
• Preparation of the US tax provision for financial statement purposes audited by Big 4
• Work with tax advisors for extensions, state based apportionment, and tax return filings
• Ownership over compliance requirements (local business licenses, state registrations, compliance with bank covenant reporting, recurring investor reporting)
• Preparation and management of a global compliance calendar
• Research payroll tax-related issues
• Subject matter expert on Global (and Domestic) Mobility
What you'll bring:
• At least 5+ years of experience in tax and compliance functions
• BS/BA in Accounting, Tax, Finance, or equivalent
• CPA preferred
• Experience with Big Four / 2nd tier accounting firm preferred
• Experience at a fast-paced, multinational services company is highly preferred
• Result-oriented; proactive, and possesses a high level of integrity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail and the ability to work independently
• Collaboration skills to work with stakeholders across different time zones
• Sound knowledge of ERP systems, Netsuite, accounting, and reconciliations;
• Highly accountable team player
What Makes Us a Great Opportunity?
We prioritize an inclusive, People-first culture at Tastemade. From your first day, we strive to be a welcoming team that supports, nurtures and grows. We are also firm believers in ''walking the talk'' -- our employee-led workplace experience committees, DE&I groups, and wellness and philanthropic initiatives reflect much of our culture and build a sense of real community among our team. While working at Tastemade, you will collaborate with passionate, curious, and authentic peers, who are driven by our core values and equally enthusiastic about food, travel and home & design.
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Competitive vacation policy and paid company holidays
• Medical Co-Part Insurance
• Apple iMac, MacBook Pro, or equivalent hardware
• Monthly wellness stipend to support your physical and mental health
• Monthly electronics allowance to partially offset cell phone and internet costs
• Professional development by way of a feedback-driven culture, regular performance check-ins, and in-house mentorship and support programs
• Collaborative, passionate, and fun colleagues!
Remote work at Tastemade
This is a remote job opportunity and can reside in the following registered states: CA, CT, DC, FL, IL, MD, ME, NE, NJ, NY, OH, OR, TX, and WA
Tastemade is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruiting and interview process. If you require any assistance or need accommodations, please reach out to us at email@example.com
We're an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm90qm-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.