Senior Director, E-Commerce Shops - Consumer Products
New York, NY
SYFY, NBC's network for science fiction, horror and fantasy, is looking for a full-time digital shows producer to helm editorial coverage of shows on the cable network. This position will be a combination of writing and editing breaking news and feature articles about SYFY programming, as well as coverage of other genre shows within NBC Universal. The producer will also be responsible for maintaining web pages for the shows where users can find clips, full episodes, and editorial content.
We're looking for someone with keen editorial judgment who can write killer headlines, juggle several things at once, and suss out creative stories ideas while using analytics and an understanding of SEO to plan coverage. We want someone that can write and edit clever recaps as well as conduct interesting interviews with talent, but also anticipate what viewers will want to know more of while watching SYFY programming.
Solid reporting, copy-editing, and fact-checking skills are crucial to this position. Experience and interest in sci-fi genre content is highly desired. Proficiency in web publishing skills (HMTL, CMS environments, Photoshop) is a must. Candidates must be metrics and performance-focused, organized, and detail-oriented under deadline pressure.
• Strong writing ability as well as experience editing other writers.
• Create long-lead editorial plans for SYFY shows.
• Use metrics to determine story selection.
• Collaborate with social team to develop strategies for maximizing content performance.
• Ability to track and shepherd video assets from origination across multiple departments through delivery on digital platforms.
• 5+ years of experience working for a media company or major website that generates original content, preferably covering entertainment.
• Knowledge of HTML and CMS environments.
• Ability to maintain a sense of humor.
• Sharp editorial judgment and skills (writing, copy editing, accuracy).
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.