We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive in our San Francisco Office. You've been doing this for a bit (about 4-5 years) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has a specific interest in technology and experience with tech companies and start-ups. You have TechCrunch, WIRED, and Adweek bookmarked on your browser and have a genuine opinion on the potential success of a recently launched start-up (we will ask)! If you (more often than not) catch yourself lost in a rabbit hole of Fast Company, you're it for us!
• Drafting, developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
• Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
• Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
• Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4-6).
• Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
• Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
• Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Pitching, attending and covering festivals, tours, press screenings, premieres and other activations.
• Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You Should Apply If:
• You have about 5 years of experience in communications, technology, public relations, integrated media relations, strategic media planning, etc.
• You are eager and understand all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have great judgment and can make ''the call'' as needed.
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized, bedetailoriented (see what I did there?) and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously – say THAT five times fast!
• You're willing to work select evenings, weekends and travel – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You're understanding of social media and influencer marketing is beyond belief, and you can prove your experience activating social and influencer marketing on behalf of client brands.
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• Advertising, gaming, and VR experience would be such a coup!
• You have an interest in progressive causes and campaigns
• You have digital integrated experience
• Previous experience using media research tools like Cision
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbx31-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.