Account Director, Brand Studio
New York, NY
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive in our New York, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles office on our Strategy & Crisis Team. This role will support a variety of clients in public affairs, issues management, infrastructure, real estate, legal, banking/finance, healthcare, etc. It's yours if you are someone who is passionate about your work and are cool and calm under pressure. You're the type of person who can read a room well, you know when you command and own it and you also know when you take a step back. You're so focused on the best strategy to a problem that you don't have time to get star-struck! We are looking for someone who wakes up every day checking everything from POLITICO, to the WashingtonPost, to the Los Angeles Times.
• Drafting, developing, and executing comprehensive crisis communications strategies.
• Media engagement.
• Supporting teams in managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
• Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
• Administrative support of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports and budget trackers.
• Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
• Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Planning and executing media-specific events including press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
• Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
• Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
• Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner
You should apply if:
• You have 4+ years working in PR, specific experience in political campaigns, government, legal affairs, finance, or regulatory matters.
• You have interest in learning how to navigate stakeholders, thought leaders, and media.
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You believe yourself to be excellent at pitching new business – confidence is key!
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• Political, regulatory, and government experience.
• Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
• You have an interest in progressive causes and campaigns – from reproductive health to racial justice to voting rights to gun reform to everything in between.
• Previous experience using media research tools like Cision.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqovmm-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.