We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Director. This role will work across high profile technology brands and exciting startups, leading a dynamic mix of corporate reputation efforts, consumer brand campaigns, executive thought leadership programs, and more.
It's yours if you're passionate about building the next great Fortune 500 company and remain calm under pressure. You have an extensive media network and excel at managing client account teams. You're the type of person who can read a room well, you know when you command and own it, and you also know when you take a step back. You're also passionate about the industry -- you probably have TechCrunch, WIRED, and Forbes bookmarked on your browser.
Our candidate is curious, with excellent writing skills. We're looking for someone who can learn quickly and touch a variety of clients
-- from high growth startups to established brands to VC firms. Our clients span hardware, creativity, gaming, virtual reality, fintech, heathtech, and more, so the opportunity is endless.
As a member of our senior leadership team, our Senior Account Directors counsel the client, provide fresh ideas, motivate the team, ensure goals are being met, and generate results through pitching.
We're looking for an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about contributing to our growing technology practice, eager to mentor a team, and ready to lead integrated communications accounts.
• Demonstrated passion and understanding of technology and venture capital landscape
• Knowledge of financial and corporate communications, capital markets and/or investor relations
• Developing and executing comprehensive integrated media and communications strategies.
• Producing clear, persuasive content, including messaging, media pitches, event submissions, awards submissions, and more to help tell client's stories
• Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
• Leading client accounts.
• Contributing to business development, including new business and organic growth with existing clients
• Coordinating with other discipline experts (e.g. social media, paid media, design, crisis, brand integration, talent integration) as needed
• Mentoring junior staff and help motivate and coach team members; managing up to senior staff and consistently provide feedback that helps drive efficiency
• Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
• Support administration of accounts including budget trackers, contracts, and activity reports.
You Should Apply If:
• You have at least 8-10 years working in PR
• You've managed a team with direct oversight for at least 4 years
• You have demonstrated success in securing top-tier press placements that have an impact on the client's bottom line.
• You know how to navigate financial stakeholders, thought leaders, and media.
• You are a strategic partner with internal and external stakeholders and can think outside the box to create insightful and impactful media moments.
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit
• You are incredibly organized, detail oriented, and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81wx6-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.