Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We're proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don't have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we're sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Director in our LA office on our Talent & Influencer Integration Team. The ideal person for this role is someone who has developed longstanding relationships with talent/influencer representatives and has a deep understanding of the digital influencer space. You have a creative and inventive voice and an opinion that matters (and you're not afraid to voice it). ''You have a pulse on the latest influencer and cultural trends'' – (everyone says this but it's true). This is a role for someone who has experience operating and measuring scaled influencer campaigns and can strategize around multi-dimensional and multi-platform influencer programs. You're able to see the forest beyond the trees to develop truly integrated campaigns and manage a truly integrated team. You consider yourself an expert in both social media and influencer relationships and you stay up late reading your feeds because you just can't help yourself.
While handling paid and earned influencer campaigns, the candidate will work with clients spanning the corporate, nonprofit, lifestyle and entertainment sectors, so it's important that they be curious, open-minded and willing to demonstrate their capabilities. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
This candidate should have experience managing people and will be expected to oversee and lead other more junior influencer specialists on their accounts. Our Senior Account Directors lead accounts with little-to-no oversight – this includes counseling clients, providing fresh ideas, motivating teams, ensuring goals are being met and…they still do the outreach!
Our agency is integrated, and our Senior Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of media relations, brand integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don't expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
• Leading talent and influencer strategy and outreach on various client (brand and non-profit) teams
• Assisting in developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
• Considered a thought-leader of sorts, for the agency and clients.
• Partnering with our Digital/Social team on strategic positioning and content for posts.
• Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of talent/influencer integration, PR, media relations, social campaigns, and overall work approach. This is incredibly important to us!
• Managing and building on existing network of talent/influencer reps and entertainment/fashion/sports/tech industry contacts
• Planning, managing and executing talent/influencer moments such as large-scale virtual or physical events, influencer activations, photo/video/PSA shoots and more.
• Achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 6 – 8).
• Participating in and/or leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
• Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports and budget trackers.
You should apply if:
• You have at least 8 years of talent/influencer integration experience with demonstrated success in the following areas: securing top-tier talent and influencers for paid/unpaid partnerships, developing and executing strategic talent/influencer plans, creating out-of-the-norm media moments, and managing staff.
• You've managed a team with direct oversight for at least 4 years (of those 10 mentioned above).
• You have a genuine interest in developing junior talent and empowering them to be A+ performers!
• You have a strong value and understanding of the rapid pace of consumer behavior and the influencer landscape.
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You have a growing list of relationships with talent/influencer representatives across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful talent.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
• Experience serving as a project manager on integrated communications teams (overseeing talent integration, media relations, social media, creative, brand integration)
• Interests beyond influencer – we never like to stay in our lanes here and particularly like to combine entertainment and social good
• Previous experience using influencer research tools like Influencer Intelligence, Julius, IMDb Pro, HYPR
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you're looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mento
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32w6q-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.