We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and determined media relations Account Director to join our lifestyle team in New York. The ideal candidate is passionate about beauty, ranging from mass to prestige, and will have experience brand-building, launching campaigns, elevating the experts behind the formulations and putting their brands at the forefront of emerging trends. They will know which brands resonate on YouTube vs. Instagram and when a print feature makes all the difference. They will have a point of view about how Gen Z beauty standards are changing the industry and how DTC models are disrupting the traditional beauty landscape.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work on beauty, they are also likely to touch health, wellness and other lifestyle accounts. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch!
Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of brand integration, influencer integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don't expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
You Should Apply If
• You have a minimum of 8 years working in an agency setting or relevant industry (i.e. fashion, beauty, health, luxury, lifestyle public relations, integrated media relations, and strategic media planning.)
• You have established relationships with media
• You are comfortable leading an account with team members in other offices/geographies
• You are a skilled and highly-organized project manager
• You see and set big picture strategy at a higher level
• You live by the ''we, not me'' mentality
• You maintain a strong network of media contacts and has a track record of placing strategic high level stories
• You are able to manage a team of 2-5 people and developing them in their careers
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary.
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You Don't HAVE to have this, but it would be nice:
• Interests beyond fashion and beauty – we never like to stay in our lanes here and see facets of niche industries where they never existed before (documentaries, tech, experiential museums, etc.)
• Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations.
$90,000 - $105,000 a year
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe469-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.