Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We're proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don't have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we're sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager focused on entertainment and talent representation. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has experience with personal representation, leading a film/TV campaign, running a red carpet and everything in between. You have a clear understanding of media relations, specifically in the entertainment space, and pop culture excites you! You know what it's like to work under pressure and you thrive off a fast-paced environment. You're a self-starter and you're able to run client accounts smoothly. You can keep calm and maintain a level of confidentiality. You are exceptionally detail-oriented, you're a creative thinker and can expertly multi-task across several projects on the backend. You're an excellent writer and verbal communicator. Your media diet includes outlets like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline and you have a social media feed full of actors, directors, musicians and athletes.
• Managing all client requests as needed; respond and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
• Overseeing and collaborating with the team on maintaining schedules for clients, glam/grooming needs, providing on-site staffing support and leading weekly calls.
• Writing pitches and press releases, drafting media materials; handle incoming press requests in a timely manner.
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena.
• Brainstorm and execute pitch angles and press ideas that are creative, out of the box, and show our value as communications experts.
• Leading national and local entertainment campaigns across film, TV, music - that touch all aspects of an individual's career (entertainment, philanthropy, business, etc).
• Considered a thought-leader of sorts, for the agency and clients.
• Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
• Partnering and collaborating with senior leaders throughout the agency on integrated (and bi-coastal) accounts.
• Joining new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions PR and overall work approach. This is incredibly important to us!
• Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
• 5-6 years working at a PR firm in the entertainment industry or related field.
• At least 3 years specifically working with talent
• Strong ability to network and maintain relationships.
• You have demonstrated success securing top-tier press placements that have an impact on the client's career
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong writing, research and organizational skills
• Creative thinking with a problem-solving and resourceful attitude.
• Tenacious follow through and attention to detail/organization.
• Able to work within an integrated agency model, collaborating well with internal groups when appropriate.
• Over-delivers rather than meets expectations and constantly strives for excellence.
• Curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary.
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you're looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5yx0-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.