We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager in our New York Office. What does this mean? You've been doing this for a bit (about 6 years or so) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has an interest in dabbling in multiple industries – someone is up to lead a consumer account, or a tech account, maybe an event or perhaps a social good campaign. You have all this energy, these great contacts and are ready to target it to something else, but aren't sure what, we'll help you figure that out as you DO! You've been on the same account for a bit now and really want to try your hand at something else – this is your chance! We are major proponents of the generalist mentality, with an entrepreneurial spirit – you can speak on anything and are a Jack/Jane/Juan/Julia of all trades! 😊
Account Managers are comfortable managing a small to medium sized account and sometimes larger accounts as the primary point person for the client but still needs someone senior for gut checking, oversight, setting the strategy, and high-level client meetings. They may lead and project manage a portion of larger accounts or lead smaller accounts.
They are proficient at understanding integrated communications and know how to get results, exceed client expectations, think creatively for a client, ensure the client and internal team are happy (both are equally important).
• Leading account teams and managing projects from start to finish.
• Developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
• Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
• Creating, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
• Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
• Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
• Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
• Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You Should Apply If:
• You have at least 6 years of experience in securing impactful press placements, developing and executing strategic media plans, thinking outside the box to create media moments and mentoring junior staff.
• You've managed a client team with direct oversight for at least 1 year.
• You understand almost all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have great judgment and can make ''the call'' as needed.
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool 😉
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xy91-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.