Seasonal Festival Production Coordinator, Content and Marketing
The Festival Production Coordinator, Content and Marketing is charged with coordinating content production needs such as scheduling shoots, renting equipment, and collecting invoices to ensure successful operations.
Working closely under the supervision of the Festival Manager, Media Production and the Executive Producer, the Coordinator supports Sundance Institutes commitment to creating an engaging online and in-person Festival experience. The Production Coordinator will also work closely with the Content Producers on the Media Production team.
This temporary, full-time position is based out of our Los Angeles, California office from Monday, November 15, 2021 through Friday, February 18, 2022 with regular opportunities to work remotely. Extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned will be required. This role may also be required to travel and be lodged at the annual Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Coordinating various workflows to ensure deadlines are met for the Media Production team.
• Scheduling flights and transportation, lodging, and other logistics for contractors, working with team members to ensure accurate information.
• Setting up organized systems and templates for workflow and scheduling use for the Media Production team.
• Creating daily run schedules for Festival coverage (written, video and photography creation) as directed.
• Prepping team vehicles with appropriate equipment, including route directions, etc.
• Scheduling equipment rentals, deliveries, shipments, office technical needs, etc. as directed.
• Supporting field teams and managing volunteers, including providing direction and feedback, to ensure volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Acting as a liaison between Festival vendors and the Media Production team.
• During the Festival, ensuring the office area is clean and has all necessary supplies.
• Completing a comprehensive Festival wrap report as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid drivers license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience coordinating production logistics or related.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift, carry, and push items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Meet deadlines on time, and work to ensure the overall success of the team.
• Help establish and maintain a successful workflow for the team and Festival tasks.
• Build effective and productive relationships with all vendors.
• Help contribute to the overall success of the team through support and collaboration.
In addition to a hourly pay of $19.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d293k5-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.